CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

100 Db Drag Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Who out there has a drag pipe and has sound restriction in your favorite riding areas?

Is there anyone out there that would buy a drag pipe if it could get close to the Db of a Disced end cap?

What I am proposing is a slip-on with a mount that will go on the HPR drag pipe mid-pipe. It would have the Top Gun end. What you would do is buy it as an accessory to the Ugly Stick. Take the open tail piece off and hook the disced tail piece on and use a quick release mounting point to the foot peg.

I want to get rid of my stock header. It is a huge pain to work on the bike with that thing and it is hard to take on and off.

I want the advantage of a drag pipe when there is no sound restriction like St. A's or Sandmountain and get back to aftermarket, spark arrested pipe when i ride in Oregon without having to touch the header.

It isn't made, I simply want to know if I am the only person who would want such a thing?

Let me know your thoughts..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Sounds like you want to stay with the Ugly Stick, but wouldn't the Woods setup be perfect for what your talking about? If you got the full system and the inframe drag pipe you could easily switch between the two.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

It will be the answer for some. As of right now the stock header has to come loose and pivot to allow the flywheel cover to come off. It has to be removed to take the head off. The worst thing about that is how difficult Bomb made it to turn those nuts or studs. It takes me forever to do it. I did the Ugly Stick and once you get the sequence down it takes 3 min to pull the headers off.

I don't want to open a can of worms with Uglystick vs RW in-frame drag pipe. I will just say i am a believer in the HPR drag pipe and want to run it whenever I can.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, btw.......half of the secret in the Ugly Stick's power is in its head pipes and into the mid pipe. Using the stock header............which is a good header.........with a slip-on reverse megaphone will greatly limit the exhaust velocity coming into the reverse megaphone as compared to what the Ugly stick does.

Dammit!.....I was going to stay out of that discussion. Bottomline............I want the dynamics of the Uglystick........

Old 08-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Sounds like a great idea / product for both reasons. The RWR has the right idea, but that monster is like 106db or something, it comes no where near 100 db on any RWR pipe I've been around.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

I agree with Blackhawk - 100db is pretty quiet for any pipe on the DS.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

I courtesy checked my Top Gun at 102. We are working on a way to knock that down a couple more Db. I just don't know how far we can go.......

Old 08-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Courtesy check??? Is that like a courtesy flush.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Well the simplest way is to remove supertrap discs. But that affects the whole horsepower picture.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

I agree mark.

Hey Ron, 100 DB and drag pipe shouldnt even be used in the same sentence. jmo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good luck though!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

That is because you don't live in an area with sound restrictions. I am forced as it is to swap back and forth between the drag pipe for racing and the stock header with my Top Gun slip on. What I am trying to accomplish is to be able switch back and forth in about 2 min so i never have to touch the header bolts. I will use the drag tip in competition and the Top Gun tip when running the race hills on the Oregon coast.

What I am really looking for is feedback from people who ride where there is sound restriction and if they would have any interest in this idea.

If not, I will only make mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 100 Db Drag Pipe