CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Maybe Outty 800 isn't overpriced...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe Outty 800 isn't overpriced...

Yamaha is selling the 07 Grizzly with a free 2 year warranty, and also a 69.00 winch right now.I got my 3 yr warranty for $400 on my King that I paid $6500 OTD. I still think the Bomb (CanAM) is overpriced!

Old 08-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Is the extra power in the 800 worth what i put into mine? Not a chance in my opinion. Im sure i will get smoked by an outty800, and they are sweet machines, but ive had way more fun spending the extra money on all the fun stuff>>>>>>>>

SOME people like to just buy and go....they don't like messing with all that other stuff. I figure if I want to upgrade tires, I'll wait till I run the originals down. I think part of the point of paying more is you get all that extra power without having to "pay more" LOL, so to speak. It's all a matter of what you are going to do with it. I'd not a hunter or a mudder, so there are a few things I'll never have to worry about.

I recently bought a new pick up that I would have NEVER considered had it not been discounted so deeply. Has all the bells and whistles for the most part, stuff I generally don't even conisder because the markup is so outrageous....it was like getting ALL that extra stuff for the base model price.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats a great example of why people buy certain quads. The outty800 is a powerhouse, but i dont need that much power. Besides, you and me both know a 650 V-Twin, even if its not an outty, produces plenty of power. So if your looking for the most power possible, that leads the pack in that department get an outty. But im an avid outdoorsman, who trail rides, hunts, and camps. I wanted all the attatchments, and the speedracks are perfect for me. Dont get me wrong, i didnt add K&N, plugs, wires, and a dynatek for nothing, i like extra power sometimes to.lol Can-Am makes a hell of a line of ATVs, that im sure are well worth the money to the owners, but they wouldnt be for me.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JTGrizzly
Yamaha is selling the 07 Grizzly with a free 2 year warranty, and also a 69.00 winch right now.I got my 3 yr warranty for $400 on my King that I paid $6500 OTD. I still think the Bomb (CanAM) is overpriced!
Well if you compare 6500 to 8700 it'd seem overpriced and I'd take a King over the 800 for that price, but $6500 OTD is a very low price for a King, and it is not the norm. I had to pay 7500 OTD here in Michigan last June for my King...they woundn't budge from that so it depends on where you live I guess. It's just not fair to compare dealer prices since they vary so much...MSRP is what you need to compare.

The 800 is the most powerful ute, and that's what big bore riders strive for...so really BRP can charge what they want because people will buy it b/c some people have to have the biggest motor.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, it's strange how atv prices change from one state to the next and one dealer to the next. One thing I've noticed is you can always get a "deal" on polaris atv's.If you want to call it a "deal"?

Old 08-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

What impressed me about the power about the Outlander when I rode it was the usability of all that power. It was there and available to move the machine around where I wanted it and do so with very little effort. That is where I really noticed it. Yeah the power was really exhilarating blasting across a field or down a gravel or blacktop road but I honestly didn't care so much about that, it was how usable all that power was on the trail. That was something that stood out in contrast with everything else I had test ridden so far. It seemed like in navigating through the woods and on the trails at slow speed in technical riding areas it had enough power to make itself almost leap where you wanted it to even with a heavy load on the racks. Impressed the heck out of me when I was all set to really dislike everything about it but the motor in it.

The price isn't too bad when you think about what you're getting. You don't have to do much to have a heck of a perfoming ATV. Not a whole lot I would have to do to it to make it suitable for my purposes either other than figure out a way to split the brakes. The single brake lever is just infuriating and well....stupid. Sorry but it is.

Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 800 max xt and say it is how you look at it if you are in snow the power of the outty really stands out In sand they will out do a lot of sport atvs, Ho res power costs how much do you want.They also are very reliable my has over 3000mi and the only problem I have had is with the front springs being weak and the fix for that was easy and Ihave used it hard . I had it in a pulling contest where they used me to set the weight but the didn't have enough weight to stop it from making a full pull they had to take out weight before the sp800s could move the sled.So if you like power and reliability get the outty they sure love to eat popos

Old 08-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

they had to take out weight before the sp800s could move the sled.So if you like power and reliability get the outty they sure love to eat popos <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<<<<<

Come on now, lets not get carried away. The Outtys are powerful, but the sp 800 can move the same amount of weight, probably just not as far

Old 08-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

No they wouldn't move it that's how they got the winner. the sled was too small to stop my outty if the pan wasn't fully weighted at the start so they put all the weight they had and the big outtty pulled it from a dead stop picking up speed all the way the door . The other atvs wouldn't pull it with all the weigh on the pan and the sled stopped. Anther thing the outty is max and I am a large man and this wasn't my first pull.So can a popo beat me yes but it would have to be an x2 800. is the outty worth the big money yes any time you beat a friend. One more thing the outty has needed a lot less repair than any other atv I have had .

Old 08-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well im glad your brand loyal, so am i. I havnt had any repair either. And mine is also worth the big money, imo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Maybe Outty 800 isn't overpriced...