CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Portings effects on compression?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portings effects on compression?

I disagree with all you and I would like to put my high comp 109s ON ALL MOTOR against any other stock bore ALL MOTOR. You might even need the juice!!!!

BRING IT TO DS DAYS AND PROVE YOUR THEORYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Call em OUT big Guy!!!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez Mario, if you look back, I said I disagree with them about the 109's and 14-1 versus the HR 3's and 11.5's.

I dont think I can hang with your machine all motor, I need more compression. But you best have your game together when I spray, I fully plan on being the fastest single cylinder fourstroke on the mountain Labor day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

However, I didnt run near the speeds I was hoping for this last weekend. I was still blowing the twelve paddle 22's off that Ron sent me to try.

Ron, got some 14's?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

hey viper with your build on motor, no juice still not enough tread????????????

Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

No the twelves worked great on all motor. The sand is so soft right now, that my nines were just spinning, and I wasnt accelerating. But on the spray, they are lacking big. The front still heavy in the sand up hill with the twelves. Just spinning to hard.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

let it rain, let it rain!! in my case rubber!!haha

Old 08-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

650VIPER the sand must be quite a bit different where you ride because the fastest four strokes around here run as little as 7 paddle ultra lights on the 450 quads to as many as 10 paddle ultra lights on the bigger motors.I am not doubting you or questioning wether or not the twelve paddles work for you just making an observation.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
650VIPER the sand must be quite a bit different where you ride because the fastest four strokes around here run as little as 7 paddle ultra lights on the 450 quads to as many as 10 paddle ultra lights on the bigger motors.I am not doubting you or questioning wether or not the twelve paddles work for you just making an observation.
You guys that live and or ride in Oregon are lucky, you get great traction with the sand because of being so close to the ocean and the moisture the sand holds , but places like Glamis are DRY DRY DRY and the sand is like a fine powder, most folks with stock to just piped motors run out there with 8 paddles the boys with HP run 9, 10, 12 paddle, even my daughters LT80 runs 6 paddle haulers and spins them.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Ah your both right. The tire I run right now is a 23.5" 9 paddle. But the sand is too soft for them right now. Its weird, I thought I could pull more gear because of it, bot nope. I couldnt accelerate like needed, so I couldnt get up on the sand. So I geared down, threw on the twelves, and she was a ripping.
When I first built this motor, and sand had more moisture, and it really worked the bike. In the wet sand, the eight paddles would even be better.

Most guys here on the 450's are running a 6-7-8 paddle as well. But mostly we all have to pick our poison, since we all cant afford a different tire for every occasion, we pick the best for the most occasions, right?

Ron was kind enough to lend me these twelves to try. And to be honest, I couldnt pull them on Choke at St anns. They were ok on Thunder, but I was faster there with my nines. I will try a couple different combo's during labor day to see what works the best. Its interesting to try the different gearing and tire combo's. Sometimes you killer fast out of the hole, but then a turd on the hill. And vice a versa. But its interesting nonetheless.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

I am going to buy a second set of ultra lights for the winter when the sand is much heavier and wet but i am not sure how far to go down on the number of paddles.I am thinking that 8 paddle ultra lights should be about right.I never thought that i would spend so much on tires but after seeing what the ultra lights can do i have to have a set for winter and summer.I have even convinced the wife that it is a good idea so i am good to go.

Quick Reply: Portings effects on compression?