CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Portings effects on compression?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portings effects on compression?

I thought I was the only one to have to convince the better half!!!lolol

Old 08-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

JED, JED, JED.... You know im not talkin to you cuz. Im just fireing it up around here because my bike is running sick sick faster with this carb beechman did. We now have MORE bottom, MORE top end and mid than 2BIGs carb and mine combined. Its a entire different bike. I just realised I didnt even have it tuned full hilt this weekend and still layed down some moppins. So dont take it personal, I just cant wait to get to UTAH!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I may not push it with the nos. Dont forget were on the same team and I think youll easily take me while you spray... But I do want to see how they stack up on all motor. I noticed we are in the same class.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

I must admit that my wife does not require much convincing when it comes to my toys.She even said she would help me with the saving for the next project i want to have done, a big bore drag DS.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Id say viper will be on the fastest stock bore, no matter what!! jockey, owner, it dont matter it pays not to eat!!!!haha or are you assured that its that fast you wont need his skills as a pilot?? maybe thats the race to look for, him on your bike that way second is possible!!hahah

Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: cloftis
Id say viper will be on the fastest stock bore, no matter what!! jockey, owner, it dont matter it pays not to eat!!!!haha or are you assured that its that fast you wont need his skills as a pilot?? maybe thats the race to look for, him on your bike that way second is possible!!hahah
I am bringing a pilot, BUT I will race him as well there ponyboy.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

as long as that is reffering to my hog leg I will take it as a complament!!

Old 08-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mario, i'll tell ya what, if I hadnt have ridden your quad before, I wouldnt have disagreed with them folks. Thats the same combo in my wifes machine, and well....its ok.
But yours is a entirely different animal. Like I said, I wouldnt believe it if I hadnt rode the thing.

With you on your bike, and me on mine, thats going to be one good race. That should about equal the weight between the two. Well it might error on my side a little,lol. But it will still be close.

I forget, are you running honda or yammy patterns?

Just for your info, my thirty shot, gave me twelve more miles per hour at the slow point in the hill, over my all motor run!!! The fortys will be in before Ds days, with the fiftys hopefully for backup.

After last weekend, that seventy is going to be hard to get, I dont think my bike can hit it with as much as it weighs.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Geez Mario, if you look back, I said I disagree with them about the 109's and 14-1 versus the HR 3's and 11.5's.

I dont think I can hang with your machine all motor, I need more compression. But you best have your game together when I spray, I fully plan on being the fastest single cylinder fourstroke on the mountain Labor day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

However, I didnt run near the speeds I was hoping for this last weekend. I was still blowing the twelve paddle 22's off that Ron sent me to try.

Ron, got some 14's?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I have some tires you won't blow out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...........but you don't want to run them!

18 paddle triple buff staggered Rippers that are 82" rollout (25"s) on Yamaha bolt pattern[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I bet you lose a ton of speed with these tires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sorry, no 14's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard you had them. Bringem anyhow, it would be fun to try. I might be able to pull them on the valley side.....er not,lol!

Old 08-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will bring 'em. I will have 10 paddle extremes 70" rollout, 12 paddle extremes 70" rollout, 12 paddle extremes in an 82" rollout and the rippers. I'm gonna run 15/41 gears with the 800 with 82" rollout. I hope I can pull them gears[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Portings effects on compression?