CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New rumor on the Renegade

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rumor on the Renegade

Talked to my dealer about any new time line on the Renegade. He said he was told not untill Dec. He said split brakes and 4/110 hubs are in consideration. I sure hope so. They want to make a sport 4x4, split brakes should be a must. And having 4/110 hubs will make getting wheels much easier. I hope these are not rumors. BRP if your listening, this is what we want in the Renegade.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I will second that.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Lets hope that BRP actually did some market surveys before they did the product announcement.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Lets hope that BRP actually did some market surveys before they did the product announcement.
Mayby they announced it so early so to get some feedback from mags. It's not like it's a totally new quad. 85% is still the Outlander so it should not take 7-8 months for it to come out after announcement. I guess will see. I know from reading each review, there biggest complaint was the single brake.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say is that I have been in product management for Telecom and smaller ATV products (which may or may not apply). Everytime I have been involved, all that analysis is usually done way before any official product announcements. However, I agree with you, it would be nice to have total brake control with separate front and rear. Im not sure of any CVT quad out there that has it though. Perhaps there are some older Polaris ones that do, im just not sure. Usually, theres a lot of resistance to any product changes until after the first year. The reason why is because all of the pricing, parts, and market plans have already been drawn up. Unless there is a safety issue, most issues will wait. Look at the Predator.... The standard Predator has the hard plastic side panels that attach to the sides of the fuel tank. Magazine after magazine complained about how rider's knees were bruised from them. There has been no product changes until the outlaw came out - which has totally smooth tank covers. Do I think that BRP is better than that - yes. However, how long did it take us to get a decent chain roller for the DS? - 3 years! Hopefully, your dual brakes are already in the plan. Cross your fingers.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Hopefully those split brakes will be able to be adapted to the Outlander

Old 08-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Pro Rider

Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawi all have split brakes with there auto and people love them. But I agree on what you said about changes. Well hopefully BRP will listen.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'm hoping the whole thing about the auto tranny, 4X4, 600lbs, and no chain were all just rumors and that its really a DS800. Oh yea... I already said that.LOL

Yes I'm still b!tching about this... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img](still bitter)

Old 08-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Im pretty concern about the single brake method... I dont like the feelin of the outtie with the single lever, and i assume the renegade is gonna be the same.

Im not in 2 big of a hurry to get the renegade til April, cause i will be ridin my sled til then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As long as its ready for the muddy rallies in the spring!

Old 08-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

I like the single lever braking.

Quick Reply: New rumor on the Renegade