CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

LOTS of 1300cc turbo DS pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTS of 1300cc turbo DS pics

guess you will have to copy and paste the link below to see them as this forum won't allow you to post anything after 9pm? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] just added 15 pics of the completed bike. let me know what you think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/supersonictoys/

Old 08-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

so where can I get one...looks really sick nice work

Old 08-17-2006, 02:49 AM
KTG
Weekend Warrior

That looks like a total rush.
Very cleen looking install, nice job.

Where is the exhaust pipe(s).

Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

the pipe is on the right side of the bike in front of the motor and is only about 10 inches long. it comes right off the side of the turbo charger

Old 08-17-2006, 04:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thats about as awsome as it gets. Man what a sturdy nice looking monster! I like the stock looking rear plastics. It all looks awsome. great job!

Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

awesome.

you were able to use the stock gas tank unlike other conversions?

can you pull the head without pulling the motor?

what size turbo are you using? and who's turbo setup is it?

what modifications to the stock EFI fuel system were needed to run the turbo?

is the EFI setup to run any boost you want or only one boost setting?

is the motor stock? what boost can a stock motor handle?

I see another cooler besides the radiator, is that an oil cooler?

Have you considered building a turbo BUSA in a lightweight chassis?

Old 08-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

for scooby
hand built 3 gallon aluminum tank in the stock location
head comes right off without removing the motor
its a modified MR Turbo kit that I had to alter a bit to install on the DS
had to add a boost sensing adjustable fuel regulator and high output fuel pump
can run any boost level desired by turning a screw and then upping fuel pressure a bit
can also plug in my laptop using a usb cord and adjust mixture at any throttle position or rpm
the motor is brand spankin new and completely stock except for a spring steel head gasket and heavy duty cylinder studs.
a completely stock motor is 180hp from the factory or about 155 at the rear wheel and will handle about 7psi or 70hp increase, add a head gasket and studs and it will take 15psi or 150hp increase(mine), also add valve springs and you can run 20psi or 200hp increase. above that and you will start breaking parts unless you modify the tranny and output shaft and do alot of clutch mods.
yes it has an oil cooler behind the radiator.
I have considered a light weight chassis but started out with the idea of the ultimate all day rider and also wanted and easily sellable product. I feel alot more people would be interested in something that they can ride all day long "and" take to the race hill and be in the upper 2%.
but yes, it has been done. a guy from california installed a turbo busa in a light weight drag chassis and he went TO far with the motor (over 500 hp) and broke parts every time he took it out. he also did over 100mph up olds hill, and well over 100 at sand mountain NV.. if he had turned it down to around 300hp and didnt use the nitrous while hitting the rev limiter he could probably have beaten anything. he blew trannys, broke clutches, twisted off output shafts, pulled the best 530 and even 630 chains in half, stripped the teeth off of new sprockets in 3 passes. twisted off 40mm axels, tore the splines out of rear hubs . just to much power IMO.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks for the details. I've read about the turbo you're talking about. I agree he would have been better off lowering the boost to a level that wouldn't brake parts every time out.

FYI, I didn't have good luck with Mr Turbo's turbo recommendation for the DS/Raptor. They recommended a turbo too small for the application (exhaust housing way too restrictive).

Old 08-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

I guess you could say Terry (Mr Turbo) specializes in multiple cylider 1 litre on up engines. he probably just took an off the top of his head guess for your single cylinder application. I bought another kit from him years ago for a KZ1000 based funny bike engine that actually displaced 1425cc and had a fogger NOS sytem on it as well. it was in a quad frame and made real good power. there is a pic of it in my page. it was stupid fast and almost killed me several times. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] just posted a new pic in there though so it may be a little while before they can be seen

Old 08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

supersonic where do you get all the engines from exactly and if we wanted a frame made for a certaijn engine such as the ones you have could you make one?

Quick Reply: LOTS of 1300cc turbo DS pics