CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I'm a noob here. Just joined and sayin hi.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a noob here. Just joined and sayin hi.

welcome to the forums place of good information, help and laughter. you have to sift threw the politics but in the end it all about bombs. anyway welcome

Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum TreeRaper![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It is good to see new members joining this informative and entertaining group!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Trailblazer

Hey thanks for the welcome guys. As far as the story on the totalled outty, it goes like this. Had a bonfire the night before, logs got dropped between the woods and the fire pit. next evening i was riding through the yard(wet, deep grass), hit one or more of those dropped logs and got bucked off the outty(landed on my feet) and watched as my brand new outty endoed by me down the hill and into a tree. All the weight hit the front left tire and that bent the nose of the frame (where the lower a arm attaches) at a 45deg angle to the rest of the machine. not happy. now i'm in the "nit pickin" stages with the ins. comp. about totalling it out. I'm thinkin it'll take about a month to get sorted out, and that will put me pretty close to Nov. when the Renegade comes out. I'm not sure i can wait that long, but after it's all taken care of, i don't want to regret NOT waiting and just ending up with the same NEW outty. I gotta say though that the outty is by far the most outstanding quad i've ever been on. to be able to pull the front wheels off the ground at will on a utility atv is just cool. the suspension, ride and power of the 800 is incredible. Those Canadians do a fine job. i'm stickin with can-am until someone else can prove their worthiness. Anyone else have bent frame stories? thanks again for the welcome and for the conversation.

TR

Old 08-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

Don't let the drama worry you its all in good fun.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Trailblazer

Rcoop, you're right about the "drama" thing. I'll be happy when i can just ride.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

Yep my brother in law had his bike stolen and fall out of the peoples pickup for a bent frame that sucked.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the jungle!

Things to remember on your journey ....

1) Steel Underwear
2) Visa or Mastercard with at least a 30K limit
3) Devote at least 1/2 of your vacation time around ATV Events
4) Devote at least 3/4 of your free time to the internet and forums like this
5) Think of creative excuses to your wife or GF for all of the above
6) Buy a quad for your wife, a quad for each of your kids and a new RV or toyhauler.

I could go on, but Im sure others will complete the list! LOL

Old 08-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

OregonDP, I'm workin on a toy hauler right now. got the card. got heavy duty underwear. i'm workin on the wife too about gettin a little quad for our 2yr old girl.(want to start her out early). but the wife aint goin for it....yet. Can't wait to get "A" quad back. i'd love to make it to Silver Lake before the end of the season.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

after a few rides your gonna find out that the steal underwear cause chaffing or in better words makes your b@lls raw. go cammando when you ride that way all you have to do is stand up off your seat, give a little shake and the sand falls rite threw. you might want to get 2 of them credit cards becouse when you get to the point of mine is faster than yours it gets expensive fast. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

2big, thanks, i'll keep that in mind. right now i don't have anyone to ride with except a couple of 400's.

Quick Reply: I'm a noob here. Just joined and sayin hi.