CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:45 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

I'll just say it's a small town and having been here for 13yrs and also having something unique helped in the cause. From a phone call I recieved late this evening if he would have called on Saturday I would have recovered it as it was when it was taken. The shatty paint job and the missing items just happened the past two days.
I think we've all heard follow your initial instinct. The reporting party saw it hours after it was taken and says he knew it was ours and wanted to call but then decided somebody else may have picked one up... And this guy owns our local motorcycle shop.
Another call earlier in the evening with some pretty sketchy information gave me a glimmer of hope but nothing solid.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Pro Rider

are you going to post up some pics of what these asses did to your ds

Old 08-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Pro Rider

i just remeberd there is this stuff called aircraft paint stripper/remover they sell it at kragen auto part this thing works great i used it to remove the paint off the valve covers from my buick just spray it on and let it sit for 5 minutes and just wipe off the paint but i think it will ruin you stickers im not sure but it is plastics safe just take off all of your plastics before before you apply the remover beacuse it will strip the powder coating right off your frame.

jonathan

Old 08-30-2006, 05:56 AM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear ya got it back.Sorry to hear about the damage.Have a great weekend
at the dunes and worry about it when you get home.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Allright, ACE!!!
Happy day! As you all know from a couple of years ago when both my quads were stolen and I got my DS back. I am still making the last few payments on the Honda [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I'll look around to see if I have any DS parts that you can have.
Cheers from South Florida!

Old 08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

was it somebody you or your son knew? glad you got it back!!!!

Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: aceisback
Kind of good news!

Got her back an hour ago and have been doing the fine tooth comb thing. I can most definitely say that all of the time and effort that my son and I put into getting her ready for DS Days was wasted. New plastics all the way around now have one coat of red paint and one coat of gun metal grey. Over spray every effing where. Ignition ripped out and a hack job hotwire was done. Fascia trim gone, AC Racing sixpack rack and a few other items gone. Some nicks, dings, rips, and tears here and there.
Many many hours and dollars ahead to get her back to a presentable state but I have to core to work with. Kinda of late for any **** haulin but she seems to run just fine.
Looks like whoever was riding her ran out of talent as the fascia is pushed back under the headlight and the light is aimed about 45 degrees upward. Hopefully his nads got squashed out of his ears.

Thanks so much for the offers of rides when we come up, we're covered there. As for all of the kind words and concern I cannot thank you all enough. You all kept my head high throughout. Appreciate it.
Vic
Dude I am so glad you got it back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I also hope the thief got hurt REAL bad, and If they didn't I hope your the one who gets to hurt them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm glad it turned out sorta OK tho, I know you have her back to the way it was befor all in due time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

man, you are one lucky dude! I wonder what the percentage of bike recovery like this is?

glad you got your ride back vic, and thanks for the throttle cable.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is great news! Do not let up on this guy at all Prosecute him to the fullest extent.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ace, I don't have much stuff left, but I do have a brand new red tank cover that you can have.

And to be honest, if you want it, I will give you the Sandpig painted plastic that was on my DS.

Front and tank only.

Let me know if there's anything else you need. You can have any parts that I have left.

Remember though, they are from an 00 so not everything is interchangable.

Good luck, Al

Quick Reply: STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.