CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS days pot luck dinner!:)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS days pot luck dinner!:)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]would anyone be interested in having a big pot luck dinner! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe saturday night when most people will be there? maybe we could do a mexican thing and each camp bring what they can wether it be a mexican dish, some kind of a salad , a desert, different bags of chips, a fruit plate, nachos, paper plates , plastic silverwear, paper napkins whatever you feel you want to supply. bring something simple or get creative. duplicates arent a problem as it will all get eaten. everyone could bring there own drinks because thats easy. we can slide some tables together and build a giant buffet line and with a big group like this it would end up being quite a feast and no one is out more than one dish! and it ends up being less work for the cook in your group just cooking one item than cooking a normal dinner. if enough people are interested it would be a hoot. my wife worked at jimboys tacos for a couple years and she says she will supply a BIG batch of tacos. bring a chair and sit around the fire and eat. let me know what you think. I think it would be a fun way to get together and meet everyone ! and it would be a great way to spend some time practicing my other hobby.... EATING! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]any suggestions would be greatly appericiated. if enough people dont sound off with interest we will probably just assume no one is interested and not plan on it. so say something [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man I haven't had Jimboys since I lived in Sac... those things are greasy man!!!!! Best cure for a hangover in the whole valley. Being a San Diego transplant in Sac was rough... but Jimboys greasy tacos made it somehow ok.LOL

Man I wish I could go to DS days... I love pot luck's... and Mexican food to boot, now your talkin' my language.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Have fun out there everyone!!!! I want stories!!!!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

I am in. there are usually two rules for these "potluck" deals.

1. If you want to eat, contribute.

2. If your wife is coming it can't be chips.

And Jed, Mexican beer does not count.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Heck ya I am in everyone should give idea's of what they would like so everyone can have idea's what to make.

Tracy

Old 08-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

My group is in for it....Everyone sound off soon, as we head out tonight and need to know if this is for sure a go.....

Old 08-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

kinda weak so far. come on you guys have to eat!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

I think Most of my group would be up for it. I could make some of my salsa in a few different degree's of hotness and bring a bunch of chips.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: crackerJack
I am in. there are usually two rules for these "potluck" deals.

1. If you want to eat, contribute.

2. If your wife is coming it can't be chips.

And Jed, Mexican beer does not count.
Oh man, now what the heck am I going to bring,lol!!!

We are in, and I will let my group know as well. This could be good, literally!!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

that's the big question- what to bring? we're in - I think we have enough chips as it is - ?????

Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

how about tamales , toquitos, inchilladas, nachos, carne asada, a pie, a cake, a salad, it doesnt HAVE to be mexican. bring a potato salad ,ice cream , a macaroni salad, fried chicken , your grandmas home made banana pudding, corn on the cobb, a vegie plate, a plate of brownies, lassagne, or any special dish that you do better than anyone! anything you want!

Quick Reply: DS days pot luck dinner!:)