CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days news anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days news anyone?

Everyone that did have air conditioning did "crank it" and were simply waiting for the mountain to be out of the direct sun later this afternoon. It was really hot, and I was zoning off pretty good. Some of the guys were complaining about muscle pain without even riding. Thats a sign of dehydration for sure. I mentioned that and hopefully they will get enough water to stay that off. I couldnt drink enough water for sure. Out there that seems to be the hardest thing for me, simply stay hydrated and ride at the same time.

Also, earlier in the week I was told by Ma Harrah that the wind was pretty bad. Tents were impossible and trying to sleep in the RV was a lot like taking a cruise on the Posiden.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I think DS Days is DUE for DUMONT location near halloween or when the temps are cooler. Id rather ride in 65 degree weather with sun. AND the rangers dont say NOTHIN! in fact I know a few of them and they sometimes watch the races! We could even get insurance and permits. Hey, maybe DS days should be near banshee wars AT DUMONT. Temps should be perfect, sand perfect.. many of hills to choose from. The best part of this plan is that its comming up here real soon!

Back to the topic- Hope everyone had a great time anyways...

Old 09-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Last year, what we did is elect Jed to run it. Since Jed did not object he ran with it this year. I believe everyone did this on the forum here - if memory serves. But I suppose it may also be done at the event itself. I did talk to Ascisback about it, and he mentioned Dumont. I told him that was up to the group. The nice thing is that Ascisback is from there, and knows the dunes pretty well. However, this event is always centered around this holiday - as long as its not 115 degrees this time of year, I dont care where in the western states it takes place.

Also, a funny story ...

As I drove around trying to find the group in the dark, my eye caught a DS650 at a nearby camp. So, I drove over. I asked him if he knew where the DS group was. The guy laughed and said it was a poor excuse for a quad. I looked at his and mentioned that his was pretty basic. I thanked him and continued my search. Im sure today he was starting to think about all the modifcations available for speed - expecially since some of the fastest quads going up the hill were indeed DS650s. I love Karma dont you?

Old 09-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

next year i will sponsor ds days at my house everyone leave there bikes at home and we will bbq and tell lies til late in the night

Old 09-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Who's trx was the fastest any ideas of what it looked like!!

Old 09-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, after a full nights sleep there is one thing that someone should inform the nitrous bikes about. Hopefully 2BIG you got your internet on and will relay this to those guys.

At these temps out there the nitrous is probably transitioning from a liquid to a vapor. Even the large refill stations like BOSS has in the trailer will transition as well. So, if you buy nitrous from a station like that, you're gonna have to pump and pump till that bottle is stuffed, then put the bottle on ice for 20 minutes to it can transition back to a liquid. Even though there was a problem with Jeds fuel solinoid, I think the core of his issue was nitrous delivery - I wish I would have thought of this yesterday - I guess i stayed up too late and my brain wasnt functioning. Also, if you have bottles that are full, put them on ice as well. If the bike is in the sun, put in in the shade so that the bottle thats mounted on the quad isnt sitting there for hours and hours in the direct sun.

Again, I hope somebody will relay this to the nitrous guys and specifically Jed.

Marky

Old 09-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Marky, I had a full nitrous pump set up with me at the trailor. Jed knew that.... someone should have said something.

Good meeting everyone out there... and sorry I blew out so quick. I went down there with a couple of friends and both had a couple of issues. My buddy on the Suzuki blew a trans and was completely dead in the water. The other has a untility quad and hates sand dunes and really prefers trails. That said, he was having a stomach problem as well.

Races were a joke. I don't understand why we talk a big race up knowing that they didn't have a permit and knowing that it could be shut down at any minute. I didn't realize there was any grudge match racing for a trophy and when I asked Jed how that was going to be determined he really didn't know. I hope he got a trophy out of that mess. I guess you just kind of had to look around and race guys with no starts, no rhyme or reason to order.... What a mess. As far as fast DS's go, Jed's bike and Mario's bike were obviously the fastest big bores at the hill and the lightest DS's out there. Not sure if Jed ever got the nitrous completely working, but I believe by the time we were leaving he did. Mario's bike ran awsome after the quick tuning session and the gear swap. The BigDaddy HPR730 ran like a dream and couldn't have asked for more. Not many would race the monster even with me on it, but the racing was still fun - other big bores that is.

Props to SuperSonic, Major Echo and his buddy... Those gsxr DS's are simply sick. Took a real good dune ride with Major and his clan that was simply awesome. The razors were kind of sketchy on the way out because of the sun blinding you at the peaks, but man, what a nice ride.

Bud, Very sorry that we didn't get to talk more and shoot the ****. We'll hook up next time.

Let's do this on an off weekend at Dumont next year. Mario and I will host the thing and make all the arangements. We'll get permits for a big race and put the thing on. CA is very up for stuff like that and in fact have one of the biggest race weekends every year for jeeps and such. We don't have the nice bathrooms or water stations that UT has, but the Rangers are much nicer. Let us bring you guys to our back yard... I promise you you'll love it.
BigDaddy out - for now... got to go clean out the toy box this morning.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:33 PM
MTX
Pro Rider

No updates on whos was the fastest YFZ or TRX ?

Old 09-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
next year i will sponsor ds days at my house everyone leave there bikes at home and we will bbq and tell lies til late in the night

OK But Ill bring the Keg then , some one else needs to bring the Pig for a Luau BBQ

Old 09-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

was there only 3 ds in attendance? come on guys for as many people who belong to the ds community there had to be more. jed did you find me 2 more wives? if you did can you have them overnighted to my house. congrats to everyone who attended it sounds like it was a good time.

Quick Reply: DS Days news anyone?