CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days news anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days news anyone?

Yeah, I thought it wasnt any racing at the hill?

Here is what Kam just posted on planetsand.

"It did not go exactly as planned Ranger Rick shut Dave down, but he did an amazing job with what we could.
Results for the 4 strokes.
Big Bore Power adder Rocket factory 800 Raptor
Big Bore Motor Rocket factory 800 Raptor
Big Bore Duner Martin Mcallister 700R
Small Bore Power Adder Brindley Hansen 520 HPTRX
Small Bore Motor Monte Merrell KBR 501TRX
Small Bore Duner Monte Merrell KBR YFZ470 El Stinko
King of the HIll Rocket Factory 800 Raptor.
That was a BAD Raptor!!!
Thanks all!"

Old 09-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

anywhere DS days is held in the west, with, except maybe Pissmo and St. Anthony's, temps can easily reach 100 on Labor Day Weekend

If you don't like the heat, then move the date up to Oct, Nov, away from major Holidays, as to not get the travelers at the future site too.

I vote for Dumont next year....First Weekend in Nov

Old 09-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

There was some racing but I dont know how Jed ended up officiating it. What Im confused about is how a PS event can be confused with a DS event simply because it was at the same hill on the same holiday. Anybody want to fill me in on that?

Old 09-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It appears that someone wasnt communicating with the other's. Maybe Jed and Bigdaddy didnt know they were holding some official/unofficial races.

But, it appears that Rocket Factory made another huge showing.

Congrats boys....you need all you can get, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Jed will come on and explain. From my understanding, many of the DS guys did race with the PS guys, and then the DS guys did grudge matches as a DS Event. So, I really woundnt go as far to say that it was a PS event - not even close. Posting those results from PS is silly.

Also, if you guys want it to stay cool, and want to keep it on this holiday, you should hold it in Oregon next year at Winchester or one of the other areas. JMHO. I dont mind it somewhere else, but Im not sure how people are going to react with it being on another date other than labor day - dunno ...

Old 09-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Jed will come on and explain. From my understanding, many of the DS guys did race with the PS guys, and then the DS guys did grudge matches as a DS Event. So, I really woundnt go as far to say that it was a PS event - not even close. Posting those results from PS is silly.

Also, if you guys want it to stay cool, and want to keep it on this holiday, you should hold it in Oregon next year at Winchester or one of the other areas. JMHO. I dont mind it somewhere else, but Im not sure how people are going to react with it being on another date other than labor day - dunno ...

The reason why I posted the results from the Planetsand site is simply because there was 3 DS's registered to race in the official/unofficial event.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Oh ok. I should have read who it was! Im embarassed! LOL I thought maybe they were coming over here, like a few of the others and posting those. Thanks for the follow up! LOL

Old 09-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

IMHO. . . which doesn't count for much since I didn't make this trip.

If the guys there decided on a place for next year then that is it! The guys that show up for this years DS days get to pick the location of next years DS days.

I gotta say DS Days is Labor Day Weekend. If you want a gathering somewhere a different date that's great but, Labor Day Weekend and DS Days are one in the same.

I wouldn't recommend Pismo just because it is so packed this time of year. Oregon may be possible but, it is quite a trip for a number of people. Would love to see it back at Sand Mt. next year and then possibly somewhere else the following year. . . kinda an every other year or every three years at a visiting location.

Let's see what they guys that were there agreed upon.

Sounds like everyone had a safe trip. . . sorry to hear it got so hot. At least there didn't appear to be any engine issues or accidents.

Wish I could have made that group dune ride.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Mark,

Bigdaddy and I were there. If it was decided at the event, then more power to that process for sure! The reason why we are making suggestions is because, well, we were there and saw and heard what people would like next year. All opinions are welcome, in my opinion - there or not. Ive never seen a DS Days event yet that was decided what the location was going to be next year at the event itself, but if thats what everyone decided on the last day, then I will support that 100%. I dont think anybody is running away with any authority here, just posting what we saw and heard while we were there.

Besides Mark, we did miss you.

Also I might add that I personally have no problem with Sand Mountain Nevada. However, there were quite a few people that did and didnt get a chance to make it from Oregon. The ones that did traveled over 14 hours to get here. A similar trip to Sand Moutain Nevada, where the event was held for the last two years at least. Perhaps the pacific NW will get more input from those folks once they get back home - again, if it hasent already been decided. Typically, the new organizer gets to choose the area. so thats a huge part of the role and the decision about where its going to be held. I do think more people will want lit drag races. So thats going to be a huge factor in next years decision.

Marky

Old 09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I will start with, HOLY COW WAS IT HOT!!!

I first want to thank Supersonic for suggesting the potluck, that was some of the best eats I have had. That will for ever be a new Ds Days tradition!

Also thanks to all that showed up. You made it a great time. I didnt get much duning in on the quad, so I apologise for that, but I tried to tear it up with the rhino.

It was nice meeting all you new folks, and hope you all enjoyed our place to ride.

The racing was great! The races turned out better than i expected. There was not alot of competition on the big bores. I rode Mario's bike, Mike did a little tuning and it ran good. We didnt quite get it there. It ran just under 52mph. Big D's bike was hauling for a duner. Its a solid runner for sure. As mentioned I had a fuel solenoid go bad. But after swapping boxes, we got it fixed. THERE WAS NO NITROUS BIKE THERE EVEN CLOSE TO MY PIG AFTER THAT. The only racing I got that was any good was with Rocket Factorys drag raptor. And after us both trading a win, and my loss at rock paper sissors for the right lane, he took home the trophy. That is one clean machine. They did very well. We were the only two there running in the 60's. The fastest small bore there ran a 57. And that was Brindley with his trx on nitrous.

I want to thanks Jim at Boss, for standing behind his product, and pulling his box off his own quad to make mine run. There is no better nitrous system out there period!! I gained 15 mph on the bottle!!! Anyone ever even gained half that? Fantastic system!!!

There was some good dune rides I was told about, that I am sure the folks involved will chime in and tell us all. Major's boy got injured and had to be hauled away on saturday, and I hope and wish him all the luck. He is a great kid!

Thanks again to all!!

Quick Reply: DS Days news anyone?