CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days news anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:35 AM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days news anyone?

Here is a link to the video of the races.

http://rockymountainduners.com/Movies/KOTH.wmv

Old 09-05-2006, 02:09 AM
MTX
Pro Rider

Kam were you spraying on your 501, how big of a shot on that 14:25 piston ?

Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well we got back about 8:30. Our family had a blast. My husband wants to thank Jed and his brother for helping him with his Carb. He is greatly appreciative.

I really wasn't worried about the racing, I had a blast just riding. I didn't get as much riding in as I wanted but Seth got alot of riding in. My kids had a blast.

Marky Thanks for bring that LT80 down there for us we really greatly appreciate it alot. ( We have two boys one was just asleep when you got there.)

It was so much fun and great to meet everyone most were not how I pictured them. I guess we never are. The Potluck was great and I agree with Jed that I ate way to much.

I also want to thank some others that were there just not in our group that took us all on some great duning out back. TRXOutlawz (Chuck) and Air ( Rusty)
it was great to see you guys again and I had a blast on that ride outback. Thanks so much.

Also thanks for making me feel very welcome even though I don't have a DS. I felt very welcome by everyone. I handed out alot of hugs and recieved alot also and they were all good. Thanks

It was fun.

My vote goes for the same time of year ya got to remember most of us have kids and can't just take them out of school just cause. I had fun in Utah I really like Idaho. I like Dumont also but they are all gonna have pros and cons. I won't take my young kids to Glamis I don't think they are ready so if it is there we won't be. It will be hard to have any kind of racing anywere during a holiday weekend. I think there is just always to many people to be able to do it. But good luck if you want it like that.

My vote is Idaho. And the same weekend.

How come nobody ever votes for Winnemucca. Hasn't anyone but me been there. They are never really busy and there is a race hill but it is about, well at least 3 miles and you have to dune to get back there. o and there is alot of whoops. Well it is still fun and close to my home. And nobody is hardly ever there and I think I have seen a ranger only at the camping spot twice ever. So we could have some good racing. Someone might have to bring gas so that everyone can make it back to camp. But there is alot of sand and it is fun. O and no quiet time or any restrictions. Or restrooms or water for that matter. But you are only about 15mins from town so its all good.

Check it out on Dune guide it really isn't that bad. We always have fun when we go. Maybe one year. They are working on a RV Park.

Anyway, we had a blast and just wanted everyone to know that.

Thanks to everyone for everything. It was a great time.

Good night.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

bitchin vids. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] jed it looked like you wheelied pretty hard right at the base of the hill and had to let out a bit. is that the case? was very close at the top too. you need to take the saw to that bike and knock about 50lbs off of it. my bike has a reverse shift pattern and I choked and shifted up instead of down on that first pass because some out of his mind totally drunken aZZ hole was screaming at me right at the starting line 2 seconds before I had to launch.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Chouser, If you were the one who had the mis-understanding about the NM shirts w/ondunes I would like to give you the shirt for free sorry for the prior confusion I take the blame. No biggy. That goes for the rest of you too.Thanks for taking them up Mike.

I sure would like to see the vids of supers bike. I dont know if I saw it on the vids ot not I couldnt tell.

Hey Mike, Dont worry about the races we have MUCHO time at dumont soon. Give me a holler in the morn. After all this turbo busa/gixxer talk, I think a conversion is in reach.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Ok this is what I have so far from the posts - we have till friday to make more suggestions for the organizers in the areas that dont have one or to even add more areas. I will continue to read the thread every day and post updates. I think Asisback wanted to do something, so hopefully he will chime in when he gets back. If you want your name on one of the areas, simply let me know ....

Saint Anthony / ??????
Oregon Dunes / DuneittillUdie (mike)
Glamis / ??????
Dumont Dunes / BigDaddy
Pismo / ??????

Areas without a name will be dropped on the final vote. So if you really want it to be in an particular area, and there is no name, step up to the plate or live with it in another area.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Just wish I was able to make the trip. Maybe next time. Peace out.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kam, Mike left so we could not race his. Martins 700 runs, there is no doubt, dont want to take anything away from that. As for everything else, its all good, and I enjoyed the races, thanks.

Greg, yep, that was our second race, and that left lane kicked my butt. No excuse, he ran three better runs than me. So we will get after it and shed some weight soon.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

I would like to place my name with St anthony next year but my kid will most likely have his final MX race that weekend. I only snuck this weekend in due to a fractured arm. I could help with tying up camping spots and such on wednesday but would be gone for the majority of the weekend. If the date isn't changing from labor day then dumont and glamis are not really options? are they?

Old 09-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Kam, I was there at 9:45 for the 10am as advertised. There again until about 1:30pm - nothing. Guess I should have just spent the day at the hill waiting for the mind-reading stuff to take place. I'm going to let this whole thing pass knowing that there will be other races and a great season at Dumont as Mario said earlier. Bring that 700R out to dumont and we'll see what's doing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Guess there is no one to blame about NOT bringing home a trophy accept for me..... oh well.

Quick Reply: DS Days news anyone?