CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days news anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 02:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days news anyone?

I know viper and bigdaddy are packing heat for the single cylinder Bombardiers. My bike is up there as well. I have not recieved a call yet. Its hard to get reception up there. They would have to go to the top of the hill. I think Jed with his HPR 650 is gonna do awsome on nos. hpr set his specs up for nos and should put up good mph. Bigdaddys HPR 730 sounded like a BEAST the other day when we were weighing them in. The inframe hpr drag pipe sounded sick. The 30 shot of nos should pull Jed on bigdadys bike up the hill very fast. My bike is set up for the all motor class with Jed piloting and bigdaddy tuning. I am anxious to hear the results. Anyone have any info let us know here! Thanks

I will get updates and post here as soon as I do.

I also heard throught the grapevine that Randall and Eric are working on some new stuff. Im wondering why bigdaddys bike sounded so different the other day. The hill will smell like nitro tomorrow, I can assure of that! Wish I could have made it.

Old 09-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man this is torture, Still havnt heard an update,!!!

Old 09-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The waiting always bits. We should hear some reports by later this afternoon im sure.

I hope HPR is putting the mojo on all there bikes!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

update marios carb broke again so i lent them mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

How the heck does a carb breaK?? Just has a slide up and down? Cable ??

Old 09-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just heard the NEWS.

BLM shut the entire race down, They threatened to give tickets if anyone starts a race.

The fastest 4 stroke from what I heard did 54mph.. (nitro drag trx)

VIPER had problems with nos so was forced to run on motor (his bike set for nos though)

Bigdaddy says not too many ds's would run him on the juice.

It was very hot out. about 100 they say.

Supersonics bike was mopping..

These are just preliminary reports, Im sure we will get some good info tonight. It really sucks that BLM shut her down and came down so hard. They said it was a mess and everyone scattered.

I hear that between Jeds bike, Bigdaddys and mine, HPR motors made a very good showing in the ds community. Not too many wanted to race except for the light nitro drag bikes. I dont know the details not even close so we will hear more later.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

erby i was just playing. was jed using his boss nos system?

Old 09-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah Scott, He was runnin boss from what I gather. I dont know exactly what went wrong. The valley side of the hill was ALL whooped out. The face had whoops but they werent as bad.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Its been busy.

The campsite Jed chose for everyone was perfect. The place was packed full of vacationers and our camp location wasnt to far from the hill and yet pretty darn quiet at night - Actually I think I was the one that made the most noise last night - SORRY!

I delivered the Suzuki 50 to Tracy and her husband - It was awesome to see thier son look forward to that and want to ride it. Tracy's husband got help from several members of the group dialing and tuning his new Lectron 46 carb. It runs darn good. I really just planned to spend the evening there, but was convinced to stay at least one night.

Jed had fuel solinoid stuck open on his BOSS nitrous. So, I hunted down my old boss, and got the box replaced. Man, I tell you I must be a pretty good friend of Jed's to even speak to my old boss on his behalf! LOL When I left today, the system was good although I left before the official/unofficial races began. Jed and I spent most of the afternoon replaceing that system and tuning the new one up.

I got to see the 1300cc turbo DS from supersonictoys. Even saw him open it up the hill - Its darn fast for sure. I think there was only maybe one other extreme Banshee that would have given him a run for the money. Major was there of course too and his Gixxer ran great. Acisback was hankering for a group ride all day and got his wish. I left before they got back.

The campfire was awesome last night. Good jokes and conversation and several people brought Apple Pie. Hardly anything was even mentioned about the other stuff here. There was quite a few people there, and Im sure my brain will remember everyone's name and handle once I get some sleep. I stayed up to 3:30am this morning. SLC650, and the Harrah boys and I all 'borrowed' Jeds rhino and had a good time driving around the dunes in the middle of the night. Hence I was functioning on a few hours of sleep all day today.

The pot luck is tonight and I know everyone is looking forward to it. I dont have any race resutls. Someone else will have to post that later.

All in all, there was a lot more people there than I thought everyone expected. There was no accidents that I know of. It was hot, probably over 95 degrees this afternoon. Im back home getting some sleep!

Marky

Old 09-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

95 to 100deg, I didnt wish that on anyone, geeze thats crank the air in the RV and let play Halo and dont bug me till 6 to go riding.

Quick Reply: DS Days news anyone?