CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon ?

Larry,

Do you need some more time to think????? Tick Tock ...

Old 09-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon ?

Maybe this is a good time for you to call your daddy and get some advice ... tick tock ...

Old 09-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon ?

Originally posted by: RLarryCSwinger
Thats not true anymore. I think they got there funding cut alot. Mostly trucks and SUVs now. Anyway the decibal level in the parking lot is different then the sand. They can only inforce the statewide sound level which is 99. Dont let these people scare you. The cops can barely keep up ticketing the realy serious offenders.
I think its worth re-posting your comments Larry

Old 09-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default Oregon ?

Not suggesting that people ride on the parking lot all the time. Im just making the point that the parking lot is not part of the 93 decibal restriction on the sand. You said they cant ticket you in the parking lot and I am correcting you. I saw it happen and had the cop explain why. How would you like some poor guy to come to oregon and fire up his 102 bike in the parking lot and get a big ticket after you said he wouldnt?

Old 09-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon ?

Originally posted by: RLarryCSwinger
Not suggesting that people ride on the parking lot all the time. Im just making the point that the parking lot is not part of the 93 decibal restriction on the sand. You said they cant ticket you in the parking lot and I am correcting you. I saw it happen and had the cop explain why. How would you like some poor guy to come to oregon and fire up his 102 bike in the parking lot and get a big ticket after you said he wouldnt?
Larry,

I'll give you that one for sure. I've never heard of them before using different laws for the parking lot - that makes sence. I've never heard of any law for DBs that related to the parking lot at all. But I have heard of people getting tickets in them. Im not sure how they justify this, only by using it selectivley for ATVs, when there are plenty of Harley's and other vehicles that are way over 99db on the oregon highways. But thats a beef I would take on with Oregon, not you.

As far as me feeling responsible for someone bringing a 102db bike to the parking lot of the dunes, my point was that he shouldnt, because they know that they cant ride on the Oregon Dunes with anything over 93db. I just done see your logic there.

Either way, we now all can agree that its 93db on the dunes, and 99db in the parking lot. This is a good thing.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?
Default Oregon ?

Thanks for the non info. After that pissing match I will stay away from OR I have to much of that in CA to go look for it.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon ?

food for thought, no matter where we ride there will be restrictions, a fact, now if we keep breaking them, it gives the enviromentalist a right to holler at the govt to keep closing down lands. then the only place left to ride will be private property.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Range Rover
Default Oregon ?

I have read a lot of good info here abiut the noise levels here in oregonn. I decided to throw in my two cents worth.

Yes the DB levels for the Oregon Dunes is 93. This includes the Florence, Winchester Bay and Coos bay riding areas. Sandlake is 96.

Now for enforcement that is a whole nother ball game.

Sandlake used to never be monitored. Guys running all kinds of loud bikes with no inspections. But this summer the Law enforcement folks have really started cracking down. Mostly on big weekends and holidays. I personally have been checked twice ae Sandlake. Both times I was at 97db. The ranger told me that as long as I was under 100 he would not ticket me. He also told me that sometimes it is peoples attitudes that get them the tickets. As he said if they flunk the attitude test he would write them a noise ticket if they were anywhere over the limit.

As for Florence the cops are ****. I have been stopped 6 times there and even once twice in one day. But when I go to Florence I put the queit core in my DS and usually run about 94 and have never gotten a ticket.

Windy Bay I have never been checked nor have I ever seen anyone checked. I have been told they do a lot of sound checks for Dune fest but other than that thier is not much enforcement.

The same is true about Coos Bay. I do 4 or 5 trips a year to Coos bay and never have been checked.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon ?

Here is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The dB limit at Winchester, Florence, and CoosBay is 93 (BUT) its +/- 3 dB, so basically, if you are 96 or under, you are good to go.

I have been checked at Winchester and CoosBay, but never Florence (but I've seen people get checked at Florence).

Then again, I don't go around looking to get checked either lol!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2006, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon ?

Originally posted by: 2fun
Here is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The dB limit at Winchester, Florence, and CoosBay is 93 (BUT) its +/- 3 dB, so basically, if you are 96 or under, you are good to go.

I have been checked at Winchester and CoosBay, but never Florence (but I've seen people get checked at Florence).

Then again, I don't go around looking to get checked either lol!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
What 2fun said is 100% true. They allow a 3 point margin of error in the testing on the dunes. Dont think that applies to the parking lot. But certainly to the dunes. As far as sandlake, they do enforce a lot more than they used to, Glenn got it it pretty good there. Of course, way over 100 for sure! LOL

Quick Reply: Oregon ?