CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

rwr drag pipe!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

once again let me reply do to all the pms!! I have a 02 baja with listings of motor mods: je piston 12:1, hpr race ported intake, lectron 46pj, reinforced snorkel tube, no air box k@n air filter with pre filter, hpr shim under kit with new valves, hpr3 cams, rwr cdi, ngk drea10 plugs, 100 octane avgas, 530 chain with 40 rear, and 15 front, 22inch kenda knarleys, all other after market parts will not matter in this dyno!! Semper Fi carlton

Old 09-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

Originally posted by: cloftis
Tsycho call kelly tommorrow and he will tell you the difference!! from your post you have had plenty of encounters with kelly!!! I will tell you that from my last dyno to this dyno results tommorrow!! I will tell you from seat of the pants before dyno with out any adjustments sick sick difference!!! believe or dont makes me difference!! doubters, there always will be, I assure Jeff Ross and choose are telling the facts!! It will only benifit me if you dont beleive, besides the dust in your face not mine!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Tsycho call kelly tommorrow and he will tell you the difference!! from your post you have had plenty of encounters with kelly!!! I will tell you that from my last dyno to this dyno results tommorrow!! I will tell you from seat of the pants before dyno with out any adjustments sick sick difference!!! believe or dont makes me difference!! doubters, there always will be, I assure Jeff Ross and choose are telling the facts!! It will only benifit me if you dont beleive, besides the dust in your face not mine!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

I will guess the results before they are posted. Rwr full to rwr drag. Loose 2 hp on peak. Gain 7 at max torque, and 5lbs of torque at peak torque.
As for comparisons over a HPR drag stick. Rwr produces more torque at low rpm to peak torque. Number depends on bike. Rwr pipe falls heavily after that, where as the drag stick starts to shine. I think the Rwr pipe is a better choice for non big valve heads, and mild cam engines. Once you go big, it will not create enough power up top. We are fighting thins exact situation on my brothers bike. They worked great on our stage 2's, but we cant get the power out of it with the big heads. Keep in mind, its power at 7500 and above. Below that, it screams.

Let us know them numbers!

Old 09-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

Sure would like to see the real world dyno graphs......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

was going to post old dyno results, vs new!! Have came to the conclusion that ones dyno vs anothers will not prove my point! I will tell you that Kelly himselfs says his dyno #s are very stingyyy!! also remember I had 22inch kenda knarleys on these runs not slicks!! I will tell you the numbers Jeff gives are very accurate. Did not see loss of horsepower gained 2peak horses, and 8 in max torque!! Kelly is a class act, very intelligent, and helpful!! was not lookiing for a dyno war just fine tune to the upmost of power curve! I will tell you on his dyno a hpr 730 kit with a 14to1, hrp3 cams, their head, lectron 48 with slicks, makes 61max horse, 46max torque. so not a bad day in arizona!!! he was impressed and so am I!! results in profile!! let me know what you think? Semper Fi carlton

Old 09-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

So, I wasnt to far off eh?

But I printed your dyno sheet off, and just want to do some calcs. So you gained 8 hp at max torque right? And two at peak hp? And that is over a full RWR pipe, correct?

What did you gain or loose in torque?

Old 09-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

I thought I was clear! I gained 2 in max horsepower, and 8 in max torque! between the two dynos!! So that is 2 horsepower gain in my case, and my max torque number increased by 8!!!

Old 09-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

You know, that really isnt to bad. If a full stage three 730 runs a 61, and I think Ray told us his 800 Turbo with 15lbs of boost made 75 on this dyno, 50 is not a bad number for a stage two!

If I can give you any advice, try a 9 heat range projected tip plug. I dont see any reason for you running a 10 plug. Other than that congrats. You only drop a couple Hp between 6-8,000rpm, and Peak torque is at 5000, so you have alot of range there to work with. Them HPR 3's sure give a flat curve!

Old 09-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

I thought I was clear! I gained 2 in max horsepower, and 8 in max torque! between the two dynos!! So that is 2 horsepower gain in my case, and my max torque number increased by 8!!!
Wow, relax! You gained peak Hp, that better than most of us. I guessed you would have gained 7hp at peak torque. If you gain 8 lbs at peak torque, I bet thats close!

Quick Reply: rwr drag pipe!!!