CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hauling @ss Raptor 700 to replace DS...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauling @ss Raptor 700 to replace DS...?

DSNUT, a little birdie tells me that you are in the process of making a Raptor 700 haul some serious @ss...? With all the parts I'm seeing posted out on the web from your DS, can this be true? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yfzfryguy
DSNUT, a little birdie tells me that you are in the process of making a Raptor 700 haul some serious @ss...? With all the parts I'm seeing posted out on the web from your DS, can this be true? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

After Rocket Factory dominating two events......it might be a wise choice....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yfzfryguy

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I tell you boys, those 700 Raptors are gonna be something to be reckoned with as soon as Can-Am discontinues the DS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

You just cant beat them for the money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

I would say that if can-am does not come out with a replacement for the ds along the lines of performance, sport, instead of the renegade king of utility,sport then your right yamaha will have the newest greatest technology!! but I would not count out can-am!In the short time of the takeover the have wiped out the competion in the routes they have "choose"!!!lol I still believe we all our ds owners for a reason!!!! Screw the raptor their the other team!!lol just cause they made a couple good draft picks, we are still the ones with the veterans!lol Semper Fi carlton

Old 09-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

That is true $3800 including drag pipes for a 770 that is fuel injected. Hard to beat them for a deal and on the track right now.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cloftis, I agree, we are brother's in arms....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

But, I also agree, if Can-Am dont step up to the plate with a big block replacement to the aging DS 650, we are gonna be forced to run with the bigger blocks that will be available soon...I mean very soon.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

their is no doubt, what you say is true!! Its to bad maunfactures dont take in account what that the consumer thinks!! they can feed all the bs they want!! The development stage takes years for a product, we all know that!! I just hope they being the New Can-Am before they took back Bombardier, with all their money and planning came to this conclusion!! I hear rumors all the time about this new 450, about them going to a performance 800, but yet have not heard it from the horses mouth!! I do believe if anyone knows on the outside its Ron Woods!! Look how fast he had performance parts for the renegade!! not starting anything here builders vs builders being in the loop! you research the release date of the renegade then you research his parts their was no cioncidence!

Old 09-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The 650 rotax is the best race motor with the class breakdown right now!!! The 700 raptor will run into the same problems as the 660 when HP gets up into the 90+ range, BOOM!!!! garage sale!!!! LOL Gonna have to pry the DS out of my cold dead hands untill better comes along[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Dont think mine will be up for sale anytime either!! like I said if your looking for a magic cardboard ride, 700R seat, jump on , I will be on my comfy couch for the long haul!!!

Quick Reply: Hauling @ss Raptor 700 to replace DS...?