CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

All I can say is wow

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All I can say is wow

Last weekend we went riding in Oregon with the new and improved stock bore beast. She was kicking azzez and taking names....It is flat amazing what a change in elevation does. Well just to give you an idea, I am running an HMF pipe....Vortex CDI......CP 11.5-1 piston.......Porting from KMS.........Web Cam 109s......and A Lectron 48 from Packard Racing. I beat two different Banshees, another quick DS, a TRX, and a YFZ over the weekend. It was some killer fun. My 300lb butt was beating up on the 150 pound kids on way lighter bikes.... Good Times it was. She is running like a rapped ape, and I am excited. I can't wait to finish getting my jetting perfect, and hook up the Noss....Oh wow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats cool Dragon, I'm looking forward to getting up that way and ride with you and crash. But with my stock motor its sounds like it should have been a few months back.....

Old 09-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

No worries, Crash keeps breaking enough stock parts that he has not been able to get his upgraded....I just have him pilot for me... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

It sounds like your stock bore is much faster Brent.We will have to line them up to see just how much faster you are.I went to Florence today and lost my clutch and no adjustments would bring it back so i will be down for a while until i get a new clutch.Have fun with your new power.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

It is, and is nice to run with it. We will more then likely meet at the hill before too long. Should make for a nice run.......Bummer about your clutch, hope you are not down for long.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

EXCELLENT

Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

My riding will be slowing down some for now with deer season and salmon in the rivers so it would be a while anyways until i get back to the dunes.I am researching now to try and find the strongest clutch to use so that i can rely on it with all the hill drags that i do.I will be getting my Vortex back soon from HPR and that should help me on the hill and i am also going to a dyno this winter to get all i can out of this stock bore.I am about two quad lengths faster than when we ran earlier this year to give you an idea of where i am at so i will give you a run for sure.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I have close to the same mods with the exception of the carburator I am using a TM 45, I was very impressed with the mods stock clutch didn't last long I changed to a Barnett 9 disk with Ron Woods 60% springs. I t hooks up great!

Old 09-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

I am running the stock clutch, with the 60% springs and am hoping it will get me for awhile. I need to save up for a swing arm now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have been using the stock clutch with 60% springs all summer and it has held up better than i thought.I usually launch in 2nd gear at 7000 RPM and that takes its toll on a clutch.the Barnett 9 plate carbon fiber is looking like a decent clutch but i still have some research to do before i buy.A swingarm will be a must have for serious launches with your mods and power as you have probably already noticed.