CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Guy here, Just bought a DS650

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy here, Just bought a DS650

Hey everyone. I just bought a 2000 Bombardier DS650 today. This thing is a blast to ride and it straight hauls a**. I was on this forum until 2 in the morning last night trying to find as much info as I could. Here is alittle about myself. I am from Salem, VA but I am currently stationed at Ft. Bragg, N.C. I am in the U.S. Army right now. I never even considered a Bombardier until 3 days ago when I found out my friend was selling his because he wants a quad with reverse. I figured screw reverse, anyone can flik it around real easy just using the clutch and front brake.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

You will love it... welcome to the crew!

Old 09-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Welcome SVT. You will find a wealth of information here and make quite a few friends along the way. Reverse is for SISSIES.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And we here in the Bomb forum very much appreciate your service to our Country. Semper Fi.
Ace

Old 09-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome SVTBomber! Many of these guyz know their DS inside and out. So be afraid to ask a question... there is always bound to be some1 to answer it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys, and I like your sig ACE. I wish I could get out ya'lls ways and ride on some of those dunes. That looks like a blast.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum SVT, nice coice of quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Like you sig too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weclome to the brother hood of DS650. Enjoy the new ride.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

You will truly love your machine.

And get past the pink elephant in the corner.... It's big, and it can't be whipped around like a YFZ 450. That said, there still isn't another stock bike that can beat it up the hill. The motor is bullet proof, the hardware is Grade 8, the radiator is protected, the plastic comes off in a jiffy, the seat is one of the most comfortable in the sport, NOTHING will touch it in the open desert and get you back in one piece.

Now, once you start modding the machine.... and make no mistake, you'll catch the fever sooner or later, realize that you are in a very small club (comparatively) and things tend to cost a bit more. Not to worry! ODP, HPR, RWR and a few others will have EVERYTHING that you need.

Best part about your purchase is that you now have some pretty good family behind you. There isn't ANYTHING on your sled that we can't help you with. We've done everything!!!! From the mosters of drag racing like Mr. HP, 222, Sandbomber, Annihilater, Viper etc. etc. to duners like me, Ace, Holic, Cynick, DuneMe, Hightower etc. etc. and even the sick-o's like Supersonic, Major Echo, Bud, Cardiac's Son, and soon me (again) who have built or are building SuperBike motor'd DS's..... we've got everything you could want.

Good luck and enjoy.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Welcome and enjoy your new ride.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

welcome to the ds family, most of these guys in this bomb forum can tell ya everything you would want to know about the ds

Quick Reply: New Guy here, Just bought a DS650