CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Polaris Duel? What a JOKE??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Duel? What a JOKE??

If you look closer, i have a dynatek ignitions, few K&N, amsoil, and outdoor products stickers on it

Old 10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

ya mama just declined the polaris dual

Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider

At first, I thought, yeah man, do a duel If you believe in your product, than get on it and ride! Then I found out that they are all old. I sometimes ride with a 55 yr old, I would not want him to represent Polaris. I said it before on the Polaris forum, Tiller looks like a red blooded Ameican that enjoys the outdoors! The others,....Obviously not. I guess this would be like the Japs offering a duel to all CEO's, of any product line, to see who makes the most profit in a give time. Obviously we would lose we don't make our 10 yr kids work in sweat shops!

I just wanted you all to know that, not all Polaris owners think that this is a good idea. Put ANYBODY on the quad, then I'd change my mind! I don't read the mags, I wouldn't believe them, even if they said my brand (Polaris in my case) is the best bang for the buck. Sure, that tickles my ears, but I know it isn't true.

I do believe that it is the best for what I do, which is deep mudholes. If I was into Utlity Harescrambles, I wouldn't want a heavy Polaris. If I were into LONG trail rides, I wouldnt want the Sp 800 @ 11 MPG and a 4.1 gal tank. I am, not afraid to point out the bad areas of my quad. The bad areas(heavy,slow,and price) don't bother me. It is a Utility, I want a beefy quad, I don't race it, speed is not a concern for me, and the price is because of all these quads are in the "PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER" way of thinking. Polaris is more $ up front, but the repair parts are not as much as others,part for part. The Japs make more of a margin on parts, to make up a loss of margin on initial sales!

We all have different needs in a quad! There is a guy on Polaris putting 28" tires on a Scrammy. Initially this sounds like it is not the best setup. For all I know, maybe he just wants to have some mud fun at a fraction of the cost, If this is the case, than what he is doing IS the best thing for him, he already has the quad, why buy another, he is keeping the cost down and muddin' at the same time!

Sorry to get so long winded, It just p!sses me off when bashing takes place, almost everyone thinks, if you ride something different then you are a moron! I think if you bash something different, YOU are the moron!

Old 10-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

Good post instigater. Bashing is not good. Comparing facts is good. Just some don't want to hear the truth. I will be the first to say the bad points as well as the good on my quad. I didn't know about the mileage distance limitation on the sportsman. All guads have there good points. Love polaris storage, among other things. For me it fun factor on a quad.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hadn't really been keeping up on this but I noticed since no one accepted the challenge..........Polaris offered a dead line extension, LMAO! I bet they never discussed what to do if no one accepts...........an extension is the worst thing they could have done!

Old 10-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

I hadn't really been keeping up on this but I noticed since no one accepted the challenge..........Polaris offered a dead line extension, LMAO! I bet they never discussed what to do if no one accepts...........an extension is the worst thing they could have done! >>>>>>

My 6th grade math teacher Mr. Godfrey used to have a small poster on the front of his desk that asked: "What if there were a war and nobody showed up"?

I think NO news is even funnier, I'd LMAO if none of the others even bothered to respond, Polaris is already bragging about how Yamaha has already declined, I doubt anyone else wants their name up there like that.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raidermike67
I hadn't really been keeping up on this but I noticed since no one accepted the challenge..........Polaris offered a dead line extension, LMAO! I bet they never discussed what to do if no one accepts...........an extension is the worst thing they could have done! >>>>>>

My 6th grade math teacher Mr. Godfrey used to have a small poster on the front of his desk that asked: "What if there were a war and nobody showed up"?

I think NO news is even funnier, I'd LMAO if none of the others even bothered to respond, Polaris is already bragging about how Yamaha has already declined, I doubt anyone else wants their name up there like that.
I think you are right![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

I am surprized how many people, mostly Polaris owners, think this is for real. It would be more credible if they allowed one of the engineering staff to pilot the quads, but 60+ year old desk jockey's. Get real. I really believe this was designed to get zero responses. I know Polaris does not want to get their tail handed to them. Polaris may have their place on the farm, but there is no way they could hope to compete against the best of the rest. I hope everyone see this promotion as the pile of baloney that it is.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris is already bragging about how Yamaha has already declined, I doubt anyone else wants their name up there like that.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

the whole thing is stupid and will not do anything for polaris. yamaha has a substantial peice of the market and by them declining wont change that a bit. they have better things to do than to go jack around with polaris. i hope no one shows up. the last time i saw a decked out polaris- it was getting pulled out by a honda (believe it or not). i never seen a grizzly get stuck.

like i have said before to many others' disapproval of the tests conducted, i think the CAN-AM Challenge did more for CAN-AM than this 'copy cat' attempt by polaris will do for them.

and yeah i agree they rigged this thing to where no one will respond like they wanted so they can say "See we challenged them and they did not show up..." insinuating that they would be embarrased if they did... C'mon polaris, maybe some would have accepted if it was conducted fairly and let all publish all - good or bad. If i made a product - hey publish its good and bad points it will let me corect what is wrong...I think (it was late) in the can-am challnge they at least admitted when they werent THE best in a given category??...

Old 10-24-2006, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I think if they want to do this then there needs to be 3 independent test done with all typs of situations and done by a independent party. Once that is complete, then about a month later another independent third party do their test. Then have another independent party do theri test. Once all three independent parties completes the test, the data is compiled and then the results are made known. Each independent party must have a minimum of 10 people in it. And these 10 people must have a expert rider, novelist rider, beginner rider, a 20 year old, 40 year old, 60 year old, women, men, different races. This way, any bias can be minimized.

But, what will be funny is once the results are tallied and the data made known to the public, we will all be riding what we want even if that quad didn't come in 1st. LOL