CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Kawasaki ruling the roost in the GNCC

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki ruling the roost in the GNCC

This has turned out to be a very interesting thread, with some very knowledgeable guys. This is the kind of stuff I enjoy reading. Without someone jumping in and bad mouthing or being a jack-***. Thank everyone for their input and informative imformation. cc1999,700vtwinman, Hightower, keep in touch occasionally. Oh yeah, Hightower, you keep your machine very "tight". It is very nice to say the least. I'm over here at Heritage lake. Avid deer hunter and bass fisherman. I hunt down at Cataract Lake. (state property where pressure makes deer smart), but I did manage to get a pass through on a small 6 pt'er. Yeah, I know, no more bucks for me, but he is very tender, and I don't need taxidermist debt right now. Stay in touch....Chris K.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks 700 twinman,

That new Prairie/v-force with the 800EFI sounds pretty cool. I personaly don't think a little geomerty change on the IRS brute going to help it enough to handle as well as the Can-Am's , but the Renegade fighter is very interesting. I could see one of those making its way into the CC family stable. I hope that it happens.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: cc1999
Thanks 700 twinman,

That new Prairie/v-force with the 800EFI sounds pretty cool. I personaly don't think a little geomerty change on the IRS brute going to help it enough to handle as well as the Can-Am's , but the Renegade fighter is very interesting. I could see one of those making its way into the CC family stable. I hope that it happens.
Yes, I do too. It would be nice if they developed some type of IRS like can-am has. From what I hear, that is the best of both worlds, SRA and IRS.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not that I have any real insight... But I have owned many machines and my favorites are the CanAm 800 and Prairie 700.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Mine too, and also in that order.

I was at my dealer today, and there Quad mechanic , just got back from a training school, where he brought up the tune ability issues we have had making modifications work. It surprised the heck out of me when he told me they said they are developing a performance ECM the is tunable for the public to be able to purchase. I don't know if it will be in this lifetime, since he was unable to get any kind of release date for said ECM, But at least there is some hope of getting some kind of tunability in the future. I told him to keep me posted and put me down for 3 or 4 however many I might need when the time comes. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Never had the oppurtunity to ride the Can-Am... dealers wouldn't let me, don't think they would let anyone... but you are right cc1999 about the ability to amp up the rides... One of the biggest reasons I went with the Kawi is it is so easy to modify and the cost was considerably less too... I don't know how Can-Ams price around the rest of the country but any one of the 800's start at over $9500 out here in eastern Mass... I feel that I have my BF750 set up in such a manner that it can out perform any stock Can-Am and I still paid less for it than I would have for the stock Can-Am. Might not be true else where in the country, but that's just the way it worked out here for me.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Well like any new machine thats at the top of its game, the prices are high at first but after about 6 months or when the intial gotta have it buyers have theres, the prices come down. I know several that have bouhgt 800s in recent months in the under 8K range. I think the best deal, I have herd was 7399.00. I got my 2nd 800 at 500.00 off MSRP and no BS fees, back in febuary and 1000.00 off MSRP last month on the 3rd 800. You are right though a Brute 750 can be made just as fast as a stock Outy 800 for grand or a little less, so that would most likey make it still come in under the Outy in price. Handeling and comfort would still need some help, and by the time you have the total pkg put together on the brutes, they tend to pass or at least = the outy's price. All that said at the Fall Clash in LA 2 weeks ago there was only one stock Outy entered in the 4x4 class , and all the rest that entered had mods. Be it pretty basic bolt on mods, but a pipe can be good for up to 6 hp and a pipe and intake can add 10 hp, to an already fast machine. No other brands even entered the 4x4 class. There were just 5 Outy 800s. In the Fall Genoa Jam there were a few Kawi's entered, but all finished below the 5 Outys that were entered up there in that race. I use to show up at these events back last spring and I had one of two or three outys there and one of two with any mods. Now mods are starting to be the norm and its only been about 5-6 months ago that Outys were unuseual and modded one were very rare.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

BRP had an $800 incentive to dealers to clear out 06 models, I got my standard 800 for $8399 OTD which was VERY good for here in CA, that included a 7.75% sales tax+registration+document fees....I had a heck of a time even finding a standard 800, had to drive 500 miles each way just to pick it up! Most dealers are stocking the XT and Max models, one place told me they don't even bother stocking the standard 800's or 650's. I COULD have gotten an XT for 8999.