CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My Red Neck Slip-on

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Red Neck Slip-on

Ok, I have tried the endcap, HPR Top Gun, and just cutting everything off the inside of the stock endcap. Only the cut stock endcap was quiet enough for the riding I do, about 1/2 with the kids and some duning in Oregon.

So, I was at my friends Honda dealership, and he replaced the stock exhaust on his F4i Honda. He said I could check out if the stock muffler would work for my DS...... so I have posted pics of how I built a slip-on out of it.

I did some research and found out the stock Honda F4i puts out almost 100 hp at the rear wheels stock, and the best replacement slip ons only add 3 to 8 HP. I figured it mush flow good, so the cutting began!!

When setting it up I cut off the fake big tail pipe, cleaned up the outlet of the muffler and installed a SS turndown.

I am going to get it dynoed soon. It is much stronger that the cut stock endcap, and seems to be as strong as the endcap, but as quiet as stock. It does have a deeper tone, and almost no sharpness. The bad thing is its even heavier than the stock muffler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Anyway, just though I woudl share it with you all.
Scot

Old 10-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet deal man. Good luck, I hope it works well for you. We are going to be in Oregon for the Thanksgiving weekend. When is your next run up there planned?

Old 10-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Dragon,
We are going the other way, down to Glamis for Thanksgiving week, but heading home Friday after Thanksgiving to miss the crowds. I think Dec or Jan we will be heading up to Oregon if a nice weekend shows up in the forecast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Or I may make a run up sometime when you guys are heading up just to start learning the dunes up there.

We are hoping to make more trips to Oregon next year, its the wifes favorite destination so far....

Old 10-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Still by far my fav spot to ride. Winchester and Florence are the tops as far as I am concerned. I will be sure to post for each trip we make so that you know when we are going. Always welcome to join us up there...

Old 10-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, when we get a chance to head up that way I will be in touch.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a good idea i like it. I thought this is kind of what DSNUT was thinking when he was talking about a quieter drag pipe. A short canister off a street bike to exchange with a drag tip or if it performed well enough just leave it on.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcoop
Thats a good idea i like it. I thought this is kind of what DSNUT was thinking when he was talking about a quieter drag pipe. A short canister off a street bike to exchange with a drag tip or if it performed well enough just leave it on.
My idea was totally different with a different purpose altogether.

TheStir - This is an excellent idea. This is why it is so important to keep trying new things. Great job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Ron not trying to speak for you just saying what i thought.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, I have someone lined up to try it out on a built DS up in Oregon once he gets it back together. I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to the exhaust he is using now.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it runs as good as it looks, you should be in business.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My Red Neck Slip-on