CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

5 deaths @ Dumont this weekend???

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 deaths @ Dumont this weekend???

I'm hearing that Dumont was nuts this weekend and that 5 deaths occured, 2 in a rail, 1 paraglider and 2 quads- anyone have more info? This is crazy!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: Majorecho
I'm hearing that Dumont was nuts this weekend and that 5 deaths occured, 2 in a rail, 1 paraglider and 2 quads- anyone have more info? This is crazy!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] man that just sucks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that if it really did happen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

link

Old 10-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

I can attest to 2 of the 3 accidents. The guy in the Ultralight crashed right next to our camp!! He was alive when they life flighted him out though. THe rail accident was pretty sad, a couple of older people in an older rail hit a withches eye and rolled down the big dunes behind Comp hill. The rail was all twisted up around them. There kids had to sit there with there dead parents still in the rail until they could fly out a coroner and get an ambulance back to them. Everyone kept stopping and the kids were pretty darn upset, and right fully so!! I don't know about the quads though.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel sorry for the family members that had to sit around and look at their dead parents intil the coroner got there. That would have to be very hard to do, I know i could not do it. They are in my prayers...

Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Everywhere there was a crowd this weekend there was some sick jumping or some wicked freestyle going on. I was hitting all of the bowls and the highest ridgelines on the way back from the South Pole and happened upon a growing crowd. It was apparent when the yellow blankets were pulled out that no crowd pleasing was taking place here. It was a sickening sight and I only stayed because I met a DS rider who was on a borrowed quad and was testing it out to see if he should purchase it or not. I did persuade him in the right direction.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hopefully he will join the forum soon.
Not nearly as severe but close to home all the same, Bud finally had all three of his kids together in one spot and we cruised over to Comp Sunday afternoon so he could get some footage of the children at play. One of his daughters took a nasty spill coming down the hill and had a collar bone come undone. A real trooper though, she never shed a tear and seemed somewhat mad that the trip would be shortened.

Here's to her quick recovery. Please keep the families of the fatalaties in your thoughts and prayers.