CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

Catahoula Recreation in Sicily Island Louisiana would like to welcome you back to the reknown Clash of the Titans which will be held on March 1st, 2nd & 3rd 2007.

[b] Register: at the front gate.

Test-N-Tune:
Thursday, March 1st 2007 (10 a.m.-dark)
Friday, March 2nd 2007 (9 a.m.- 1 p.m.)

Drivers Meeting:
Friday at 1:30 p.m.
Saturday at 09:00am (MANDATORY AT STARTING LINE)

Races:
$25 per bike, per class, 100% Payback (70/30%), Single Elimination, Headsup Racing.

Friday at 2 p.m.:
1---4X4 UTILITY (UNLIMITED)(2/4 STROKE)((ANY CYLINDER))
2---STOCK BORE/STOCK STROKE (LIMITED)(4 STROKE)((SINGLE CYLINDER)

Saturday at 10 a.m.:
3---SINGLE CYLINDER 4 STROKE UNLIMITED ((OEM CHASSIS))
4---SINGLE CYLINDER UNLIMITED (2/4 STROKE)((ANY CHASSIS))
5---TWIN CYLINDER UNLIMITED (2 STROKE)((OEM CHASSIS))
6---TWIN CYLINDER UNLIMITED (2 STROKE)((DRAG CHASSIS))
7---UNLIMITED (3/4 CYLINDERS ONLY)((ANY CHASSIS))

NOTE: Limited=NO POWER ADDERS (GAS/ALKY ONLY)
Unlimited=POWER ADDERS

NOTE: Power Adders=NITROMETHANE/PROPYLENE, TURBO, NITROUS, SUPERCHARGER.

NOTE: Class #2=Stock bore, Stock stroke, Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, No Wheelie Bars, Race fuel & Alky ONLY, No Override Transmissions, OEM Chassis.

NOTE: O.E.M. Chassis=Must retain main frame rails (tube/bars in which a-arms,swingarm & subframe is attached) within O.E.M. specification, May utilize aftermarket a-arms, swingarm, subframe & steering stem.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

UPDATED CLASS STRUCTURE, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

why not a 300 lb plus rider class. make them run over to there bikes and then head for the finishline[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

I am 15lbs shy of the 300 mark but I am game for a heavy class. I woulndt mind an all motor class either but that could get complicated.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Still open for discussion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

I wood like to see A all motor on gas class[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

We would have to work on the honor system for fuels. There is alot of horsepower through chemistry going on out there.
Guy, I know you to be a stand up kind of person so I know you and your crew would be up and up. I do have acess to test equipment for the fuels.
There are oxygenators/additives than can really make a difference,and without smell.Most of them are hard to get and regulated though. I just prefer methanol because of the torque it helps make,price, and detonation resistance.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would like to know the names of these additives that oxygenate highly.......enough to make a difference......that are hard to get (regulated) and produce no smell.

The additives i have seen:

Propelyne (I don't know anything about this additive except the name and that some have tried it)
Nitro Propane/koolanol (klotz)
Nitro Methane (Top Fuel.....does not mix well with gas)
Methanol (used as an additive to gas)
Fastforward (I don't know what is in this stuff)
Most oxygenated race gas (like U4) uses Nitropropane as the oxygenator.

The klotz NP/K is sworn to by some, others can't see a difference. Those who play it safe and always run a little rich, will see gains because it will lean them out a bit. Those who run on the edge won't see gains unless they add more fuel. The biggest benefit is the cooling effect of the koolanol. The one time I tried the stuff I saw a 1/4 bike improvement on about a 600' long hill series of runs......that was only after I added more fuel with the powerjets. Too much of a hassle to bother with for the gains.

Fastforward also has some diehard followers. I know some people who run this additive and they say in large quantities (30% or more) it helps by 2 lengths or so on the same hill. In those quantities it is very obvious in the exhaust. Running the recommended amount never showed marked improvement for the one group I know that uses the stuff.

Methanol is a slight improvement but only if you put the exact ratio in. Too much or too little will slow you down. The perfect ratio???? depends on the conditions of the day. Not user friendly when you only get 2 - 3 practice passes which are also qualifying passes.

Nitro Methane is regulated and is a terribly powerful additive. It has such a high oxygen count, they run this stuff up to 100% and the cylinders are nearly hydrolocked to keep from running lean!!!!! You can't mix it with Gas without horrendous hot spots that will remove portions of your head, piston or valves depending on its mood, lol. This stuff will burn your eyes at the line. No problem detecting this stuff!

Propolyne.......Never used it. I know nothing about it except it is a derivative of rubbing alcohol which indicates it is simply an oxygenator.........how potent? I don't know. Can you smell it? I don't know.

Nitro Propane like is used in U4. It mixes with gas and is an oxygenator. U4 uses very little, what happens if you use more? Can you smell it? Can you test for it? I don't know.

Ok, on to the interesting stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

What are some of these powerful oxygenators that you cannot smell but make noticable E.T. differences?

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!