CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

4 stroke chalenge news planet sand

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 stroke chalenge news planet sand

4 Stroke Challenge Race Series Announcement

We are pleased to announce the introduction of a new racing venue that incorporates Four Stroke Wars (FSW) and its legacy. 4 Stroke Challenge Series (4SCS) was birthed from a group of avid hill racing enthusiasts with the goal of expanding 4 stroke racing events. Countless hours have gone into developing this racing series with recognized industry leaders, recognized racing leaders/champions, and supporting industry leaders.

The 4 Stroke Challenge Committee worked together with Mark Tozer, the founder of the FSW Series of races to put together a package of races that leverages the history and unique nature of Four Stroke Hill Shooting in a larger and more structured competitive format.

Mark said, "When I first pioneered FSW five years ago we believed this would be a growing sport, especially given the EPA band that was coming on for the 2-Strokes. Little did we know that six races and (5 at Glamis and 1 at Pismo Beach) 2500 people in attendance later that we would have a world class dominating event! I am very excited about the impending sale and complete transfer of the FSW Series of races to a group such as this, that loves the sport and is willing to put in the necessary resources to take this to the next level."

Effective immediately, Four Stroke Wars races are transferring into the 4 Stroke Challenge Series. 4 Stroke Challenge Series represents the next level of racing from the hard efforts of developing Four Stroke Wars. The Challenge Series incorporates Four Stroke Wars along with adding additional races for the 2007 season. Specific Event winners along with Series winners will be formally recognized.

The Challenge Series will include five races during the 2007 season. Race #1 of the series will be Four Stroke Wars VI during Martin Luther King weekend. Race #2 ? Dumont Challenge will be held on the weekend of February 24, 2007. Race #3 ? is in progress and will be announced in the next two to three weeks ? reserve the weekend of April 28th. Race #4 ? Pismo Challenge will be held in June. Race #5 will be held during late summer/early fall. Location and dates will be available soon.

Challenge series offers racers the ability to compete at a site specific race level as well as an overall champion level. The King of the Challenge will truly be recognized as the world?s champion demonstrating consistency winning over multiple races.

4 Stroke Challenge Series is a part of the Planet Sand Drag Race Association and is directly supported by Planet Sand. Please look for updates and discussion topics on www.Planetsand.com under section 4 Stroke Challenge Series. Rules will also be posted on Planet Sand.

Charlie Ohton ? Planet Sand
4 Stroke Challenge Series Committee

Old 11-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

alright boys its time to run your bikes not your mouths. you all need to step up and take the chalenge unless your motor cant handle 5 races.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
alright boys its time to run your bikes not your mouths. you all need to step up and take the chalenge unless your motor cant handle 5 races.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Very few of the top bikes will be able to make all five races without some kind of rebuild. With the power we are making, for a light duty Raptor motor to keep up, they will be on the ragged edge and worried about the bike lasting the weekend.

They have gotten the Raptors and 450's a little lighter than ours but they will still need to make 135 hp (Raptor) or 100 hp (450's) to be in the running with us. That will be tough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2006, 10:16 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

More than likely we will run 450's v 450's and 650+ v 650+ seperate until KOTH.
We had originally thought to have 650 up and down, for modified and above classes.
I think its best to leave the small bores and big bores seperate in mod, open, power adder, and duner. Then race the fastest off at KOTH.
Your thoughts on this are appreciated.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

i think if i show up with a 450 and want to run the little classes and pay the extra fee to bump up into the larger cc classes i should be able to.
classses should be 0-650 and 0-unlimited or whatever you use for a cc break.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Speak for yourself nutboy the monorail runs almost every weekend somewhere and has yet to have an engine swap.but still runs no's you only dream about.And wouldn't a team of drons all working for the same goal as a unit not have a duplicate motor sitting beside there bike in the pits at all times.Like the average weekend racers do?????And as far as this series im not too sure if i like this new thing i have a life.And am not serious enough about careing whos the fastest to run arouind following a series.But i will be willing to bet if that winner trips on over to freeway hill on any gven weekend he will get his az handed to him by the monorail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: AZSAND
i will be willing to bet if that winner trips on over to freeway hill on any gven weekend he will get his az handed to him by the monorail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
AZ I'm curious to know where "FREEWAY HILL" is at?????????

Not trying to start anything just curious [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R
i will be willing to bet if that winner trips on over to freeway hill on any gven weekend he will get his az handed to him by the monorail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
AZ I'm curious to know where "FREEWAY HILL" is at?????????

Not trying to start anything just curious [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Maybe we could run a lightweight rigid on this "FREEWAY HILL", [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

BRING IT.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

BRING IT.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
UMMMMMMMM OK but the problem is................

Where is it??????????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 4 stroke chalenge news planet sand