CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

looking at getting an 800 but ......look at this vid

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at getting an 800 but ......look at this vid

I think the best thing we can do is ignore, and not reply to those guys who ware their inteligence on their sleeve and come in here ( our Can-Am forum) and try to start fires. The guy who started this thread is looking for info, so we should just give him the info the best we can and not stoop to the fire starters level.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

well I belive that the company BRP an Honda are not the owers on the quads that they are race team that own themHow much money did they give the team to run it? An are the quads they are using 100% stock showroom quads. No they are modified machine. I think it is great they are doing it an doing well in the 2 events. Why are they not using Polaris or AC would think it would have to do with weight an Power. When you run these races you need speed in alot of areas an BRP has it an you can build the honda up to have it like adding a 650 in the r frame. Is this racing real world not really unless you live in the desert. Now am I say what I own is better the BRP no but it has its advatages in the areas I want. My inlaws have Yamahas they work good to. BRP makes good produts an have there nitch in the industry an are doing very well. AN yes Polaris did win championships in racing 2 in gncc an one in WORKS. Have a nice day I shall leave you guys here alone now enjoy your ride an ride for a long time

Old 11-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

well I belive that the company BRP an Honda are not the owers on the quads that they are race team that own themHow much money did they give the team to run it? An are the quads they are using 100% stock showroom quads. No they are modified machine. >>>>>>>>

The DS 650's that have won Dakkar are nearly 100% stock, I think the tires and fuel tank are the only differences. The Renegade is basically the "modified" version of the Outlander they used in Baja last year, when I say modified I mean they raced it and got all the feedback from the riders and used that to develop the Renegade. Mainly the suspension/tires were upgraded and the body plastic is different of course. I'm not sure how much the Renegade is "modified".

BTW, Honda came in first with the Rincon a few years ago at Baja, I own a Rincon and it's HARDLY a speed machine.,

Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

Whatever the company, it's good to see them racing and beating the crap out of these machines because in the end it's the consumer who wins with a better product. Good for BRP and Honda for developing there products in this manner.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Like most people are saying, Its all in what type of riding U are looking to do. Lets see those other two keep up and handle on the trail like the outty. I bet that Cat has terrible body roll in turns.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

-
Sometimes I dissagree with the results of tests--by individuals or magazines, but in fact, the only fair way to compare two products is to have the same person or group test each in the same conditions and using the same criteria. I can tell you what I have happen to my ATV, but that may or may not be typical.

I do agree that no vehicle is perfect. Each vehicle has its own attributes. Each of us rides differently in a different place. What we buy is influenced by cost, availability, situation, location, habits, perceptions, and anticipation. Therefore, no ATV is the best for everyone.

What I like is when someone only passes on "facts".

GJRonK

Old 11-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

if your worried about a faster lockup get a locker spring for a quest or traxter 650. simple problem solved.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

you know that if all you do is rock crawling, a true posi in front and rear is going to be the better setup. no doubt.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

humm,i was told by the salesman at the dealership that the 650 was putting out around 90 hp for the 1k race. personally i dont know, just rely on hearsay sometimes. i drove to winchester today about 12:30 looking for dragondj11, but didnt find his truck in the parking area. maybe i will get a chance again sunday.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider

The problem is that Can-Am has made a serious engineering error by not providing an override feature for the visco-loc which would allow the rider to essentially keep the front differential in a fully locked state for situations like rock crawling which the constant locking and unlocking of the front differential are undesirable. Yes, the visco-loc works well most of the time but there is no getting around the fact that there are many instances in which it does not. The fact that it does not have such a feature is one reason that keeps me considering other ATVs. I like just about everything about the Outlander except the lack of locker control and the single front brake lever. I can split the brakes but as far as I know there is no fix to temporarily lock the front differential. I know I would pay good money for such a fix. A feature that should come stock on the ATV.