CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

looking at getting an 800 but ......look at this vid

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at getting an 800 but ......look at this vid

Mattinthehat,

Nice reply. It's information like that, that gives a fence jumper the confidence to take the leap. I'll be trading my 500 HO in on an Outlander 650 next month.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

For that kind of riding you need ground clearance which the outy had, then you need to be in low range which they did not state if he was or not. But clearly on the vid the 3wd was a problem on some of the boulders.

My friends 500 Foreman is also suppose to have some special font diff system that puts power to the front tire with traction, but we both notice it does not do what its hyped up to do in many situations we encounter.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sheepdogMSP8117

Mattinthehat,

Nice reply. It's information like that, that gives a fence jumper the confidence to take the leap. I'll be trading my 500 HO in on an Outlander 650 next month.

[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Cool I look forward to seeing your new outlander photos.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

For that kind of riding you need ground clearance which the outy had, then you need to be in low range which they did not state if he was or not. But clearly on the vid the 3wd was a problem on some of the boulders.

My friends 500 Foreman is also suppose to have some special font diff system that puts power to the front tire with traction, but we both notice it does not do what its hyped up to do in many situations we encounter.</end quote></div>

yea, I was watching for low range in the video. it appeared as though the shifter was all the way forward in the low position but it was not entirely clear. but definatly if he was in high that would have seriously effected the ability of the bike to climb those rocks.

as for 3 WD, it is important to stay on the gas on the outlander or it will 3 wheel. thats how the visco loc works. as throttle is added the visco pumps up and then engages, when the throttle is released it resets. him breaking on every bolder constantly reset the lock. which is why it 3 wheeled a lot. thats just the way the system works. once you get used to it and understand it, it is very effective and easy to use. if you don;t understand it you may get stuck or end up 3 wheeling enough because you might not use the throttle effectivly