CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Battery keeps dying help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery keeps dying help!!

If you put a voltmeter across the battery while its running, and you get more than 12 volts it is chargeing the battery ok...
But if battery isnt holding the charge.. then does this mean its the battery, or rectifier....
I would think if battery is getting the charge, but not holding it , then the battery is the culprut....

Old 11-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

If the battery doesn't hold the charge then that means the battery is shot the battery should hold it after putting on a tender and sitting and if it doesn't hold that charge its shot...In my earlier port I meant best not bets lol battery you could buy

Old 11-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

see the main prob is I dont know if it is my battery cause like my headlights still work full beama nd low beam my dash lights are bright it just seems to struggle to turn over and the battery is brand new like maybe its a bad connection on the starter or somwhere esle when I was in winchester bay it happend I cleaned all the terminals in the back went for a ride and it was fine for the rest of the trip I dont know seems like there might be a bad connecttion somewhere I tested it says there is over 12 volts once its running and sometimes when I jump it it wont turn over at first then like a second later its turning over like crazy I dont know its driving me nuts I love my quad but I kinda want to burn it right now!!! But on another note I took it up and insane trail the other day looked worse that that vid on top of this forum with that outty versus that arctic cat!! I believe if u remeber u can fix ur quad later you can make it up anaything hahahah

Old 11-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Trailblazer

Man I feel for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I had a similar problem, my battery keep dying while riding. I put a post up, and Ace replied that he had the same problem being his CDI box went south. So I replaced my procom CDI back to my stock, Bought an aftermarket rectifier off EBAY put in a new Odyssey battery and BAM its all good again. The rectifier on ebay is $65. and no more killing batterys. Hope you get it worked out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] KIWI

Old 11-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

That is exactly what happened when my husbands took a dump. Never buy a Procom CDI that is all I can say. Spend the money if you want the higher rev limit and buy a Vortex. JMO.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

been down all your roads before...2 YEARS LONG OF EVERYONE SAYING DO THIS AND DO THAT! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

3 BATTERIES AND YES 1 WAS AN ODDESSSY AND KILLED IT!
2 REG/REC 1 STOCK 1 NOT
NEW STARTER
CDI
AND STILL WAS NOT WORKING...LIGHTS WERE FINE DASH WAS FINE BUT JUST DIES...FINALLY I GOT SOME NEW ADVICE AND SO FAR SO GOOD...

....ITS A SHORT---BAD GROUND..ACTAULLY SOMEONE SAID IT WAS A RECALL ON THE 04 BUT HAPPENES TO OTHERS..

SEARCH MY NAME AND READ THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS..YOU NEED TO RUN AN ELECTRICAL STRAP FROM THE NEG BATTERY TO SUBFRAME(SAND THE PAINT OFF FIRST) AND THEN TO THE MAIN FRAME(SAND PANT OFF HEAR ALSO)