CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Battery keeps dying help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery keeps dying help!!

if I dont run my DS for a little while then I go to start it its slow to start or I have jump it!! then I will take it on a good ride and it will still not charge then all of a sudden it starts charging like when I get really high revs I guess it wakes it up its not the battery I dont think cause I just changed it and the chargers still say its good I dont know let me know what u guys think I am open to options!!

Old 11-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Check your recrifier, pull the plug apart at the rectifier which is under your airbox and with the eng running at idle it should be somewhere around 10-12 volts. If it is getting the voltage, check the out bound plug it should be the same, if not change the rectifier. I had this same problem on mine when I first bought it. Good luck

Seth

Old 11-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks man I appreciate it I will try that tomorrow hopefully its something that simple

Old 11-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree my ds just did the same thing but my battery is trash i already checked my rectifier and other options but the batter just isn't holding much juice anymore...I am going with an odyssey battery once I get some money...the bets battery you could buy for the ds

Old 11-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

bombrider04 what is the odyssey battery liek what are the numbers and does it fit in the holder? I wonder if it is the rectifier tho I should check that first!! cause my battery holds a charge after a couple rides I just dont want to keep spending money on batterys

Old 11-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Pro Rider

here

Old 11-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I had to buy a new battery also. Actually 2 new batteries before I figured out it was the rectifier. So make sure no matter what battery you buy you know that it is just the battery or you will just ruin the new battery also.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

yea its my battery its about 2 years old and was a yuasa battery so its due anyhow I hopefully won't have to jump my ds soon and will have an odyssey

Old 11-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks to all you guys would u reccomend going with a stock rectifier or a aftermarket one??

Old 11-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombrider04
I agree my ds just did the same thing but my battery is trash i already checked my rectifier and other options but the batter just isn't holding much juice anymore...I am going with an odyssey battery once I get some money...the bets battery you could buy for the ds

echo that on the odyssey battery. my battery in my 2000 ds crapped out, and got the odyssey about 2.5 years ago. it has sat for as long as 9 months without me touching it, and it fired up still.

cannot beat the odyssey battery, and it was actually cheaper than replacing the stock

you think can-am would have a clue already on this???

Quick Reply: Battery keeps dying help!!