CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

In the Sand....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: DSNUT
So you were the guy that sent me that e-mail! I got this e-mail about 3 weeks or a month ago from what looked like the mods, but it didn't say which forum.............suspect at best.

It was asking for my help in getting rid of Scott (HeadsupRacing). Of course I declined and was pretty sure it was bogus.

How else would you know about that ERBE???
Yeah your funny BS, I also received an e mail from the mods (it was bogus) and guess who they were after??

Old 11-30-2006, 02:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

I have no idea....me? lol So you really didn't send that one to me?

Old 11-30-2006, 02:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
Originally posted by: DSNUT
So you were the guy that sent me that e-mail! I got this e-mail about 3 weeks or a month ago from what looked like the mods, but it didn't say which forum.............suspect at best.

It was asking for my help in getting rid of Scott (HeadsupRacing). Of course I declined and was pretty sure it was bogus.

How else would you know about that ERBE???

I really couldnt imagine anyone wanting to get rid of me.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
It was weird Scott. They used a web based e-mail address so probably impossible to track. I actually figured it was rcoop trying to ruffle some last minute feathers. It was about the same time he took his leave.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Nope, was sent one on you there Mr Dsnut, Im kinda bummed that no one sent one on me Dammit ...........I gotta start ticking more people off on this site I guess....a man gotta have goals in life!

Sent it in to the Mods here for them to handle

Old 11-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Nope, was sent one on you there Mr Dsnut, Im kinda bummed that no one sent one on me Dammit ...........I gotta start ticking more people off on this site I guess....a man gotta have goals in life!

Sent it in to the Mods here for them to handle
That is what tipped me off to foul play. The e-mail address didn't say who it was from. I have interacted with the moderators on this site before and the e-mail is something@atvconnection.com. Pretty clear. This one just said moderators@something.com....I am on about 3 or 4 forums with headsupracing so I just spammed it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Hey guy's, I can see your all still getting along real good here in the o'l BRP/Can Am forum. It's nice to come over here and read these threads. I can feel the love!
Carry on guy's![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

i sent both of you the emails trying to get you all kicked off of here. anyway you show me a family that does not fight and i will show you a family that does not like each other.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
i will show you a family that does not like each other.
Hmmm, would this be the 2BIG2BFAST family portrait?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default In the Sand....

damn dsnut you sure stir up a crowd lol. anyway....

Originally posted by: cynick
He wants to beat a banshee, not just be another one. Plus he asked about the DS, not that there's anything wrong with the rest, he just wants to be different like the rest of us.
Yeah I'd say its something like that and more along the lines of my size. That really limits my options. There's the kfx700 thing, I'd go that route if i were doing mostly woods riding here in WA, but when I ride woods its usually @ tahuya and thats pretty groomed. Polaris has some nice options, but honestly their quality and reliability is extremely questionable. Then you have the raptor700, my parents just bought one and I rode it a bit while on the coast, amazing quad and the fuel injection really improved the throttle response. But I make it look like a raptor90 lol. If the raptor were a bit bigger I'd definitely pick it though. As for banshee's, I like to ride hard and put em away wet, that pretty much x's out 2 strokes plus banshee's ride rougher than an f-350 oh and the footpeg to seat height and handle bar height is sooo damn close its a very poor ride. Of course you can fix that a bit with different bars/stearing/seat etc like i've done on my yz450 to make it fit but naa forget it.

I'll just go with the quad that has 2% of the total market share [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
Mako, just remember there are many ways to get to where you want to go with the ds with the budget you have to work with. There will be many opinions as to what makes the most power for the buck.

But one fact still remains, I took the stock DS motor to places NOBODY has even taken it with just pure setup.

Good Luck.
absolutely right. I raced PWC's for 7 years, the amount of money that could be invested in engines that were producing 200hp was immense, but I saw boats with small dollars in them do quite well. My mechanic was one of those guys. We ripped and it was all about setup. I use to laugh at the guys that put insane amounts of money in. Thats why I inquired as I did to start this thread. Considering how long the DS has been out I new there had to be a good balanced setup that could be had for an affordable price if tuned correctly. So I'll probably bug you constantly once I get my ds lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In regards to your question dsnut...I've only rode the oregon dunes but look forward to a trip to st. a's some day.

thnx for all the help guys now I just gotta find 1.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

I don't have any problems with my Predator but if you want what fits best the DS is great. I get on my hubby's and want it back all the time. It is so much more comfortable than any other quad I have ever ridden. It is a great choice.

Quick Reply: In the Sand....