CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

In the Sand....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the Sand....

...how fast er quick is the bomber 650? Of all the drag races I've watched I have yet to see a bomber line up or hardly seen one for that matter. I saw the vids from dsnut at boxcar, cool but where's the banshee's? Its the sand come on now. Not interested info on 1 off drag in a straight line a few times then take it home type setups. Just wanna know how those decently modified yet still able to play around in the sand type ds650's do out there, oh and in a reliable manner too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Asking cuz I'm interested in buying a bomber and building it up to something that can be competitive with banshee's in a drag race yet still be able to bounce around and jump it etc etc without worrying about reliability anymore than if it were in stock form.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Do a search on Clash of the Titans. Sit back and watch the Bombers roll.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

ask the banshees that were at the hill in oregon at sandfest. aint nothing better than getting run off the hill by an overweight duner ds. the ds ssssssss owned that it that day.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.
Default In the Sand....

nothin like torque to get you up a hill or down the track..

Old 11-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
Do a search on Clash of the Titans. Sit back and watch the Bombers roll.
impressive vid's but all I see are wheelie bars and quads that would turn into itty bitty pieces if you jumped them. Those were some fast ute's in a few of those vids though lol.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
ask the banshees that were at the hill in oregon at sandfest. aint nothing better than getting run off the hill by an overweight duner ds. the ds ssssssss owned that it that day.
care to elaborate on that?

Old 11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

went to the hill could barely see the top due to all the 2smokes. im scared to go up the hill on my 730 nitrous fed ds so we switched riders around and after 3 passes there was 4 ds a couple raptors and a few more but the banshees would not shoot the hill anymore. let me see there was scatterbrain, dsnut, bigd raptor randy cynick yfzfryguy and several more who all took turns woopin a$$ and taking names pass after pass after pass. im a little b!tch now after my wreck so i refuse to race it anywhere. not bad for a full dressed duner. your more than welcome to ride the rainbow bike if we ever meet. its kinda one of those things like sleeping with a fat chick you want to try it out becouse of what all your friends have said about it but yet you dont want anyone to see you do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

I have a 2000 DS and I can keep up with most banshee's, as long as they don't have wheelie bars. I'm not gonna tell you that they are the fastest thing around cause I've had my a$$ handed to me a lot, but I've also kept up with other banshees,450's and raptors. Most of the time I'm only behind by a wheel, even against a 06 yfz. But I have yet to see one out jump me in the dunes, right now mine is pretty much stock but then after the first it's gonna get some speed parts. They will go anywhere a shee will except you'll be able to go for another 20mi. ride when everyone else on there 450's and shee's a$$ is sore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bottom line, it'll do everything you want and with some small upgrades it rocks.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
went to the hill could barely see the top due to all the 2smokes. im scared to go up the hill on my 730 nitrous fed ds so we switched riders around and after 3 passes there was 4 ds a couple raptors and a few more but the banshees would not shoot the hill anymore. let me see there was scatterbrain, dsnut, bigd raptor randy cynick yfzfryguy and several more who all took turns woopin a$$ and taking names pass after pass after pass. im a little b!tch now after my wreck so i refuse to race it anywhere. not bad for a full dressed duner. your more than welcome to ride the rainbow bike if we ever meet. its kinda one of those things like sleeping with a fat chick you want to try it out becouse of what all your friends have said about it but yet you dont want anyone to see you do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
lol ya that last part sounds about right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sounds like what I'm looking for, so whats the dollar investment to get a good bang for the buck reliable duner DS that can hold its own with the banshee's? Are there any suspension/handling mod's that need to be done at all? I like to jump a bit too. After searching through the forum posts it looks like an '04 or later is the best baseline to start with, that about right? There were several models made then, is one better than another or is it all personal preference?

Old 11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

If you leave it stock,with a few external mods(pipe, filter,carb,revbox) you shouldn't need to change the swingarm. But if and when you open the motor you'll want a longer swingarm, I'm gonna have to do that when I build mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I like to jump too, and mine does just fine, they started in 2000 up to present and have had a few changes over the years. Pretty much any year will do.

Quick Reply: In the Sand....