CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

In the Sand....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the Sand....

You will get many opinions on this and mine is just another opinion but.....If you want a reliable DS that can dune,jump,drag and trail ride you could do very well with a built stock bore.I usually can hang with all but the fastest up the hills on my stock bore DS and i am 235 lbs and my DS is almost full weight.The Banshees at Boxcar may have been hiding from DSNUT and his DS.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default In the Sand....

Thnx for the info guys. Been searching craigslist, ebay, atvtrader etc. haha. So who carries ds650 performance parts and are there any shops that specialize in the ds650? I see hpr mentioned a lot on here and checked out their website are there any others?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Albaaction sports, The bom, Ron wood racing, Just off the top of my head. What kind of parts are you looking to change?

Old 11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Not to be negative but I hope you have deep pockets, lol. There is nothing cheap about making these pigs fly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They have the highest potential of any single cylinder 4-stroke, IMHO. I would say they are by far the cheapest way to make 150 hp in their class if you don't mind tuning NOS very carefully.

Plan on spending about $20k including the bike to run with a Cub 4mil in a light hill shooter chassis........again, only my opinion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

$2500 will get you an extremely reliable stock bore build that will be very competitive in any venue with the right setup.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
$2500 will get you an extremely reliable stock bore build that will be very competitive in any venue with the right setup.

Maybe I misunderstood what he was after..........I thought he wanted a bike that would run with fast banshee's. I consider a 4mil Cub shee to be about an average banshee. 300 lbs with 90 to 110 hp depending who is doing the porting. On the hill it will take a lot of money to run next to that bike.

If he is referring to a stock banshee, I agree. $2500 will get the job done. Actually, I think a stock DS might be faster than a stock banshee right out of the box, lol.

Banshee's are scary to line up with because you can't tell by looking at them how fast they are. I have seen the most tricked out light weight Banshee's that are just dogs. I have also seen a stock looking banshee with a swing arm and in-frame pipes simply rip because someone knew how to port it.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Not to be negative but I hope you have deep pockets, lol. There is nothing cheap about making these pigs fly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They have the highest potential of any single cylinder 4-stroke, IMHO. I would say they are by far the cheapest way to make 150 hp in their class if you don't mind tuning NOS very carefully.

Plan on spending about $20k including the bike to run with a Cub 4mil in a light hill shooter chassis........again, only my opinion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yeahhh lol @ 20k ill pass........i think headsprung understands what I'm looking for. Considering the bomb's been out for so long I see you can get them quite cheap, throw in a couple grand your still under retail price for most new quads these days.

that stocker your refering to, did it have faded blue plastic with cpi's and some funny looking faded graphics by chance?

Old 11-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: mako253
...how fast er quick is the bomber 650? Of all the drag races I've watched I have yet to see a bomber line up or hardly seen one for that matter. I saw the vids from dsnut at boxcar, cool but where's the banshee's? Its the sand come on now. Not interested info on 1 off drag in a straight line a few times then take it home type setups. Just wanna know how those decently modified yet still able to play around in the sand type ds650's do out there, oh and in a reliable manner too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Asking cuz I'm interested in buying a bomber and building it up to something that can be competitive with banshee's in a drag race yet still be able to bounce around and jump it etc etc without worrying about reliability anymore than if it were in stock form.

The man said he wanted to be competitive with banshee's in a drag race and still be reliable.

$2500 will get him there.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
...how fast er quick is the bomber 650? Of all the drag races I've watched I have yet to see a bomber line up or hardly seen one for that matter. I saw the vids from dsnut at boxcar, cool but where's the banshee's? Its the sand come on now. Not interested info on 1 off drag in a straight line a few times then take it home type setups. Just wanna know how those decently modified yet still able to play around in the sand type ds650's do out there, oh and in a reliable manner too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Asking cuz I'm interested in buying a bomber and building it up to something that can be competitive with banshee's in a drag race yet still be able to bounce around and jump it etc etc without worrying about reliability anymore than if it were in stock form.

The man said he wanted to be competitive with banshee's in a drag race and still be reliable.

$2500 will get him there.

Ill second that

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: DSNUT

yeahhh lol @ 20k ill pass........i think headsprung understands what I'm looking for. Considering the bomb's been out for so long I see you can get them quite cheap, throw in a couple grand your still under retail price for most new quads these days.

that stocker your refering to, did it have faded blue plastic with cpi's and some funny looking faded graphics by chance?
Ok, I see what you are saying. You want it to run with a piped and jetted Banshee that has a stock motor. $2500 ought to do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: In the Sand....