CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TOTAL DEVISTATION

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOTAL DEVISTATION

I went to Gordon Wells sand dunes this weekend and the bike was pretty much smoking everything we were racing with exception of 3 Alchohol Banchees that were there we were beating most bikes by 8 to 10 lengths before we shut it down. It ran great until saturday evening at the drags some guy showed up on a totaly tricked out TRX 450 on alchohol and NOS he beat us by 2 lengths so I turned on the NOS on my bike purged the fuel system and then turned on my tank told my son to run it solo before he lined up with the TRX and when he hit the NOS this time the motor went off like a BOMB. I had run the NOS at the hill for two days with no problems. I tore the motor down last night and the rod snapped in half and went thrue the bottom of the cylinder on the front and the back tearing my starter off and my oil lines and block and it broke both cases in the front and the back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] The only good thing about it is that my son did not get hurt and the top end did not get messed up at all the piston and everything looks brand new and the head is perfect [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looks like I will be doing the streetbike motor conversion now. I will be posting all of my go fast parts in the my garage section pretty soon I will be getting rid of everything that has to do with the motor and electrical system.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Wow, sorry to here that.

How much compression were you at and what octane fuel were you running?

Old 01-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

I was running 11:1 compression and 100 octane fuel. I had it dynoed to make sure everything was good when the NOS was on and when it was off it never ran lean when it was on the dyno. I was thinking that the fuel pump or cylinoid went out but when I tore the motor down the top end looks perfect no hot spots or lean plugs the rings look great no blow bye or pinched rings just the rod broken in half and everything below my piston was totaly trashed.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

that really stinks tpsycho sad to hear that...Didn't you jsut do the build with the nos not too long ago and is the rod and a few others the only thing that was destroyed

Old 01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Man that sucks sorry to hear it

Old 01-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

When the rod broke the piston was just before top dead center so it did not hurt the head at all but it punched holes in the center cases in front of the cylinder and in back of the cylinder and broke the bottom of the cylinder also. It pretty much destroyed my motor. The tranny gears and stuff like that still look good but the only thing I will be able to salvage is the intake the exhaust components and the trick head and the electrical system. I did this build over the summer and rode it a few times on trail rides and it ran great I did not race it until a few weeks ago I went down to the river bed by my house and smoked a few modded bikes then went to the dunes this weekend at had a true bomb. I will be back with a street bike conversion by next year just going to take my time and do it rite.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:19 PM
amd
Pro Rider

What kind of power were you giving it?

Weird seeing a rod go, I figured the crank would break first if it was from to much cylinder pressure.

Sorry to hear it went.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

My bike was running 60 HP and 80 on noss I can't believe it snapped the rod in half I think it was a freak thing but it still cost me a bundle.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Man sorry to hear that......thats got to suck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OUCH!!! Sorry bro

Quick Reply: TOTAL DEVISTATION