CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

power steering

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering

Yes I do rockcrawling. The ViscoLok seems to be pretty smooth on engagement as long as you maintain constant throttle pressure. I like it better than having the handlebars ripped out of my hands or the quad jumping the trail with a full locker. I have never been in mud so I can't say much about it, but for the sand, general trail riding and even rock crawling, I like my Outie.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default power steering

I've had no probs with my Outlander. Once I start going over the obstacle, boulder field or rock ledge, and the Visco lock kicks in, you just keep constant throttle and go over the obstacle with constant momentum, no problems. I have less wheel spin and more control going over obstacle then other I ride with that have Polaris or Grizzlies. I've actually seen them slide off an off camber obstacle due to the lockers while I had no probs going over that obstacle.

I guess its just what you are used too....

Old 01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Default power steering

Originally posted by: azsandrider
I've had no probs with my Outlander. Once I start going over the obstacle, boulder field or rock ledge, and the Visco lock kicks in, you just keep constant throttle and go over the obstacle with constant momentum, no problems. I have less wheel spin and more control going over obstacle then other I ride with that have Polaris or Grizzlies. I've actually seen them slide off an off camber obstacle due to the lockers while I had no probs going over that obstacle.

I guess its just what you are used too....
I have experienced the same situations with my visco-loc, my friends cannot climb the same mud or snow covered hills with their machines. Three of us have the same tires and the only machine to make it to the top were the Outlanders.
Remember the world trials champ from Portugal won on a Can-Am and thats mostly rock crawling.
Another big advantage is Can-Ams are way more stabile than most other brands, just do a tip test and see.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default power steering

i have three bombardier atv and tratermax xt and two outlanders an 650 xt and 800max xt they all have the visco 4x4 and i go in the mud rocks everthing it works 100% of the time i have a freand with the polaris spotman 500 with the true 4x4 and he cant go ove the rocks like my bombardier can

Old 01-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default power steering

Originally posted by: bomberdier5
i have three bombardier atv and tratermax xt and two outlanders an 650 xt and 800max xt they all have the visco 4x4 and i go in the mud rocks everthing it works 100% of the time i have a freand with the polaris spotman 500 with the true 4x4 and he cant go ove the rocks like my bombardier can
Dang, it must be nice. I'm glad you're able to have what you want.

I don't have trouble with rocks either, but I did at first when I didn't respect the 800 power and would just jump from rock to rock to crashing, finally gave the beast the respect it deserves without punching it, lots easier on both of us.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default power steering

No power steering for the current models, but Precision Products is putting out a stabilizer for Outys, which will take the beatin' of a rough trail to arms, shoulders, back. Expensive at $485, but you'll not have another messed up upper body after long tough rides.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default power steering

for a few hundred more you could get power steering, by the way how is snowmobiling out were you are at , you got a lot of snow?

Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default power steering

Originally posted by: kawiyowee
No power steering for the current models, but Precision Products is putting out a stabilizer for Outys, which will take the beatin' of a rough trail to arms, shoulders, back. Expensive at $485, but you'll not have another messed up upper body after long tough rides.
I have one on my DS650. I agree.. It works as claimed and is worth the $$$. I haven't hurt my wrist since I put one on.

- Moose

Old 01-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default power steering

yammimoose, man that review is encouraging......you're the first review I've seen on an Outy for the stabilizer.

Did you get the Precision Products stabilizer, and was it easy to put on?

jimcb, we have snow coming out of our ears......cold too! Have had sleds runnin' up and down the streets when cars are not out.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default power steering

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: power steering