CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

power steering

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering

when will the can-am's get power steering ,

Old 01-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default power steering

how many people would like power steering, before you answer try an atv with power steering first,

Old 01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Default power steering

I think the only one with power steering is the Honda. To me it seems kinda pointless but I havent rode one to see how much of a diffrence it makes.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default power steering

Actually power steering is available on the Yamaha Grizzly 700FI. Adding power steering might be something I might be interested if it didn't take away the steering feel at normal trail speeds but helped in the slow tight corners when the effort is fairly high.

See the attached link:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/07Grizzly_eps.aspx

Old 01-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default power steering

Honda is showing it as an option on one of their models now too. Their Foreman 500 ES model has a power steering option available. I'm shocked Honda of all companies would be second to add it. They can't even get a locker on their machines yet. They always seem to be a bit behind the curve as far as technology and innovation with their ATVs goes. They're reliable and excellent quality but they're not known for pushing the market ahead with features and innovation.

The guys around here who have the new Yamaha 700s with power steering are absolutely raving about it. It isn't a big deal at high speeds but they say it really comes into it's own for slow speed technical woods and rail riding especially in locked and 4x4 modes. Getting excellent reports on the new Yamaha all around with just a couple of minor complaints. Yammy did an excellent job from what I hear. I may end up getting one myself.

Can-Am would do well to add this feature next year. While they are at it provide an locking over ride for the front differential on the outlander please. It's the only thing stopping me from buying one. If Can-Am or the aftermarket can't do something about that I don't think I can pull the trigger on buying one.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default power steering

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

Can-Am would do well to add this feature next year. While they are at it provide an locking over ride for the front differential on the outlander please. It's the only thing stopping me from buying one. If Can-Am or the aftermarket can't do something about that I don't think I can pull the trigger on buying one.

That was one of the main reasons I didnt get the CanAm and went with the new grizz. The power steering is great since you dont even know it is there. (besides, you can ride for hours and hours without getting tired!)

Old 01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default power steering

i am also thinking of buying one of the yamaha griz with power steering

Old 01-03-2007, 01:29 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default power steering

You'll likely see all the manufacturers adopt power steering for some of their quads in the future, as it will likely be added when significant changes in a particular model occur since there is modification to the front end that is required and they like to get some mileage out of the tooling they set up to build a specific quad.

Thing is that none of the manufacturers developed the power steering, it was an independant company that shopped it to all the manufacturers. Yamaha happened to be working on the new Grizzly at the time and jumped on it first.

TPR

Old 01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Default power steering

We have both an Outie 800 and a new Grizzly 700 w/ ps. The ps is great for my wife (it is her quad) and it does soak up the feedback you get from a rough trail. It also has a traditional locker front end. So far, when I have the choice, I always go for the Can Am Outie. The wow factor is incredible and I don't care what anyone says, I have yet to encounter a situation where the Visco Lok doesn't perform flawlessly. JMHO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default power steering

Originally posted by: Cardiac
I have yet to encounter a situation where the Visco Lok doesn't perform flawlessly. JMHO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Do you do any rock crawling? Visco lok doesnt work too well for that, you really dont want your other tires slipping before you start to go forward and up, and you dont go up with only one front tire spinning. When the front does its spinning before the other side gets locked in is when you slide off the rocck you wanted to be going up.
Not ment to be a bash against the Can Am because it was my second choice.

Quick Reply: power steering