CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Has any body tried to wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any body tried to wheelie

Ya, I have. Check out the pictures in my bio. The fiberglass "grabbar" I have won't keep me from flipping over backwards!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
Ya, I have. Check out the pictures in my bio. The fiberglass "grabbar" I have won't keep me from flipping over backwards!!!
Nice pics, now thats what I call a wheelie! You also could benefit from removing the front tires also. Doesnt look like you need them either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

ahha scatterbrain...I haven't had a problem with hitting my grab bar yet ,but the stocker should keep you from flipping and even if it did flip it's not that heavy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Heres a funny wheelie story ya. I was screwing around on this little hill with a real gradual slope to it (sand) I was trying to se how slowly I could ride a wheelie. I had it down to damn near a walk speed and it went over on me. Quick thinkin on my part was to put my foot up on the tank to keep it from falling over on me. Only problem was the sand was very soft that day and it was pushing me back in the sand. Needless to say it filled the back of my riding pants right down to the ABC (a$$ ***** connection). Finally one of my buddies I was riding with came over and got it off of me. So there I was standing in the middle of the Christmas valley dunes with my pants down around my ankles trying to get the sand out of my crack when over the hill came a group of riders looked to be Mom pop and kids. They quickly did a 180 and went the other way. I can only imagine what they thought![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

ahha thats a good one atleast u didn't get squashed 2 badly

Old 01-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have never had mine flip on me yet ...knock on wood...

Old 01-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

my ds is running like crap. the horse power seems not to be there any more.i have a big pipe big rev box k&n filter holes in the air box. jetted.. not sure of the size.

how do i start a topic?

Old 01-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Nice pics, now thats what I call a wheelie! You also could benefit from removing the front tires also. Doesnt look like you need them either
Thanks Scatterbrain.
Heres a funny wheelie story ya. I was screwing around on this little hill with a real gradual slope to it (sand) I was trying to se how slowly I could ride a wheelie. I had it down to damn near a walk speed and it went over on me. Quick thinkin on my part was to put my foot up on the tank to keep it from falling over on me. Only problem was the sand was very soft that day and it was pushing me back in the sand. Needless to say it filled the back of my riding pants right down to the ABC (a$$ ***** connection). Finally one of my buddies I was riding with came over and got it off of me. So there I was standing in the middle of the Christmas valley dunes with my pants down around my ankles trying to get the sand out of my crack when over the hill came a group of riders looked to be Mom pop and kids. They quickly did a 180 and went the other way. I can only imagine what they thought!
Ha ha ha ha..............now that's some funny stuff right there!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha...........
Lucky you weren't standing next to the exhaust pipe!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
how do i start a topic?
See the little button that says new topic at the top of the page? That's it.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:33 AM
OMR
Pro Rider
Is Oldmanracing! Also the inventor on the DS650 carb Mod!

Do not try to do a wheelie with the stock grab bar.
It is like a piece of conduit. If it touches the ground, it will bend like it was not even there. Not very safe.
Get a heavy duty grab bar from PRM.
My son has destroyed one of them, but not while doing a wheelie. Just wears a big flat spot on the bar.

Suspension tips
Set rear sag to 4 inches.
Compression on rear shock is set at 8 clicks out from factory, turn in 3 clicks. This is the reservoir by the battery.
Set tire pressure for dirt to 5 and if wheeling on pavement to 8 pounds.
Stock carb mods summary for better bottom response.
Start out by doing a wheelie from a slow roll till you get better.
My son is a show off and likes to enter parades, where he can do a burnout and then lift the front end up. Makes me nervous, but then I am the oldman.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9AgA...elated&search=
check this wheelie out i've got to learn it