CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Has any body tried to wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any body tried to wheelie

i was wondering if there are any wheelie guys in here on the stock rear grab bar of the ds 650, does it flip completely over back wards or does the bar stop it from landing on you?

Old 01-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the bar sticks out pretty good, if you don't fling it up too fast then you'll plow up the yard with it and not come over, it sticks out farther than alot of other quads do and works pretty good for the most part. at least that's how it is on my '01 model, the new models have shorter swingarm, not sure if grab bar is same or not but if it didn't change then it sticks out even further.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

You should be OK... when I first got my bike I wanted to really see what it could do... I was rolling down a small incline... clutch in, rev'ed close to the rev limiter and dropped the clutch. The bike popped up deposited me off the back and hit the grab bar and went back down... I was racing at the time, and my bike ghost rode past my two buddies for a second. My bike was beating a YFZ and a 450R for the first couple yards.LOL Its amazing how fast the DS is without a 350lb rider.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

The bar does stop a bad wheelie....and even if you manage to hit it insanely hard by accident like i did when i caught some grip spinning on a icy road...lol they just bend up a bit and still stop you.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

thats good to know because i havent been willing to try a wheelie like that because i was afriad of being crushed by the big quad, i had a 400ex and it would wheelie at any time, i had fliped over but it would not go all the way over, yes i have an 01 but they seem to have a sloped down grab bar strangly it seems like a stupid design and it would just roll the quad over backward, but i guess of it stops it thats good, does any body have a rear grab bar that they have tried in a bad wheelie, IE aftermarket, any more wheelie stories are welcome, i take it that you are speaking from experience lol, or found out the hard way.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

I had my DG grab bar snap on me in a wheelie...that was fun...

Old 01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Had my Prairie 700 slide me off the back, then it went back down to 4 wheels after I let go the throttle. Knocked the wind out of me.

Just try easy ones on a slight uphill grade, will come up easy and not so quick, you'll get the hang of those, then start longer wheelies, finally find the balance point, ride blind into a strip joint. No, don't do that.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

i know how to wheelie i just havent tried it on the ds likke little ones of course but not ones high enough to risk a flip over

Old 01-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Ive broke a prm rear grab bar once, still didnt come over on me. I finally got good at riding wheelies and now I just remove the front tires to save weight! J/K lol!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scatterbrain
Ive broke a prm rear grab bar once, still didnt come over on me. I finally got good at riding wheelies and now I just remove the front tires to save weight! J/K lol!
Now thats some funny stuff there now LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Has any body tried to wheelie