CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Might trade in my ds.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might trade in my ds.

Alright i need a trate forward answer.I have a 2005 ds650x.Less than 90hours on her.And da#n near cherry.I have a k&n,paddles,14tooth sprocket.I cant exress how nice is.I dont really know if i can discuss it on a regular thread and not the My Garage thread.But what would you think i could get trade in for a raptor 700.I hate to even think about getting rid of it.But it really seems like the ds is going know where.No offense to anyone.But i really like that gray and red raptor man.Opinions on value.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

I also have a set of razors to.Another thing i dont like is that parts take forever to get in (canada).

Old 01-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Buy some red and gray laker plastics. As far as going with a Raptor, keep in mind why you didnt get a raptor and why everyone here didnt get a raptor. I dont want to make a laundry list of reasons for you. Just keep in mind why you dont see Raptors in the Dakar rally and in Baja races.....quality products take hard abuse. So there is my VALUE, I know its not the value your asking about, but there it is.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider

Do you owe any money on it?
Trade in value is only3500 how much have put in.
What kind of loss are you taking.Try and sell it first then make
a new purchase.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

I dont think you can go wrong with the Raptor 700.

Can-Am hasnt shown any interest in the DS over the last 5 years and even if they blow the competition away with a new sport model, they will not be as dominate as a yamaha, honda, kawasaki or suzuki simply because Bombardier/Can-Am just never took flight in the eyes of the American public.

There will be others moving on in the very near future.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

I am with you as well, I figured on buying a new quad last year. My 03 DS is in good shape with low hours and modded to what I want. But when a new DS is no different than my DS why waste 3-4 grand on it. I rode yamaha for years with no failures before going to the DS. The DS has been a great machine but not keeping with the times. So its either keep waiting for Can-am to produce something (because I do love the DS) or jump ship to a new brand who is staying with the times with there products. Granted I would love to keep the DS and get another quad, but when the DS really doesnt get rode much anyways why split time between 2 quads. I know if I was walking into a dealership today looking for a quad I would be buying the 700 rappy or a 450 machine.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

Nathan my honest oppinion is keep the ds650...I wanted to trade mine in a while ago to get another quad, I did get another one but I just have to make payments every month...To me the ds is a very unike quad and I love how it rides and the ergonomics that it has to offer...I get into stages where I am in a dream world and think well what if I sold this and got this wouldn't it be better...If you think about it you ds isn't even that old and you will barely be getting any money for it first of all and how much different is a raptor compared to a ds...It is lighter and more updated, but the ds has proven itself to be great over time even with little to no updates...If I was in you position I would keep the ds and mod it, by the time you trade your ds in and get only about 3 for it then spend money on a new raptor you could already have a few grand into the ds 650 so put that into perspective.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaX04
Just keep in mind why you dont see Raptors in the Dakar rally and in Baja races.....quality products take hard abuse. So there is my VALUE, I know its not the value your asking about, but there it is.
For some reason I can't post links from my work PC

Check out this Raptor 700R in the Dakar Rally

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../DakarQUAD.jpg

He won race 6 , He is in second overall now

Not bad for a Yamerhammer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]