CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

just got my renegade...what a machine.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my renegade...what a machine.....

this thing is nukin futs............ brp hit a homerun with it.compared to my 700r raptor with the big 3 mods this thing just wants to go,it seams like the harder you wanna ride it the harder it works for you. i took it in the woods yesterday and the ride is strange to me from being on solid axle bikes for 20 years but is gonna take some getting used to. what also is gonna take some getting used to is how you approach corners on it. on the raptor you are entering a corner in a gear to low so you can get the decel use out of the engine,then when you burp the throttle it slides right around,well on the renegade you have to hit the throttle a little earlier ( like a second) so the trans and clutch can grab then hang on cause it loves to be pushed hard. hooks pretty good in 2wd but put in 4wd and holy crap it hooks,tried to see how fast it would go in low range 2wd and i ran out of real estate after 150ft and the speedo said 48mph. man my raptor would be hell tryin to hook up on the snow and go that fast....great bike!!!!!!

btw. does anyone have any info on aftermarket parts??? pipes,pc3's,skids,winch mounts??????????????

Old 02-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Renegade. I have a quick question...does it have a single brake lever for front and rear brakes? I was hoping they would release the Renegade with separate brake levers (one for front and the other for the rear brake).

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

traditionaly on the left is the clutch but on the brp the left lever operates a linked brake feature like the vfr's (street bikes) it operates all 4 wheel braking,no lever on the right,there is a brake pedal on the right floor board for the rear brakes. don't need much brakes on this bike. it has a decel engine brake on it, which kinda works like a jake brake on a big truck.... slows down really fast like that...

Old 02-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx of the explanation. If I understand correctly, you have the ability to hit the rear brakes only (foot brake) or the ability to hit the front and rear brakes simultaneously (left side brake lever), but NOT the ability to hit the front brakes only.

I would much prefer separate brake levers on the handle bars to engage either the front or rear brakes separately. For example: if I go up a steep hill and stop for any reason and then want to roll down slowly (backwards)...then I generally want to hit the front brakes only and NOT the rear brake for fear of flipping over. But that is just my opinion...maybe others are not so concerned on this point.

Don't get me wrong...I'm a big fan of the Renegade! I just wish it came with separate brake levers for front and rear brakes (as found on many other atvs).

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer

i read a post on another forum where a guy did away with the 4 wheel brake on one lever.just dont remember where i saw it...i get what you are saying on the front brakes,but i can tell you this, i climbed a 7 foot bank where with the raptor it would lift the front end to keep traction up the hill. well the renegade walked up it, in fact i stopped at the bottom and had no momentum to take it,just stood up on bike and away it went,didnt lean forward much at all.....

Old 02-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Glad you like your Renegade... its a riot!

I also read on another forum that a guy separated the brakes... He said it was pretty easy and he was gonna list the parts and instructions.

If you look up "Renegade accesories" topic on the Can-am forum, i listed the aftermarket parts for the beast

Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Mickey, there is a kit that can split the brakes so it will be just like the Prarie. Aurowheelers has a topic on it.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congradulations on your new ride loosenutzzzz. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Congrats on the new ride Loosenutzzz. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hadn't looked that closely at the renengades, but kinda suprised about the brakes.

The wifes measly ds250 has two brakes on the handle bars. Left one for both front and rear, right for front only.

Seems like that would be something they would carry over to the bigger model.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

ricochet skid plates are now available and I just recieved an email from warn , which said by the second quarter they will have a winch kit.

Quick Reply: just got my renegade...what a machine.....