CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RENEGADE

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RENEGADE

I just receive my Renegade today FINALLY... stayin stock for now.(got to break it in 1st of course) It sure turned some heads when i let my friends take a look at it.

For you winch lovers, BRP should have 1 out in about 2months. Gonna be interestin as to where its gonna be installed

Old 02-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE

A friend bought a new 800 renegade and his gripes so far are the soft rims and the belt. He went into water up to the fender and it just sat there. The belt would not grab and he had to be pulled out. He is getting a skid plate and fabricating his own front bumper with a winch mount plate. He does not want to wait until June for Can Am to make the plate. Other than that he likes it alot, but for 9 grand this thing should already come with a skid plate and be able to handle the water. Also there is absolutley no cv boot protection.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Range Rover
Default RENEGADE

How nasty of a hole was it I had mine in to the fenders on our ride Saturday and I didn't have any belt problems I had to get a winch out but could still turn all four tires effortlessly and once I was out went and rode for 2 more hours. I wonder if they are hit and miss like the outlander's on the cover?

Old 02-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Congrats Steve10,i'm sure your going to like it. Handles and stops much better than the outty.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Originally posted by: 4WDOwnage
How nasty of a hole was it I had mine in to the fenders on our ride Saturday and I didn't have any belt problems I had to get a winch out but could still turn all four tires effortlessly and once I was out went and rode for 2 more hours. I wonder if they are hit and miss like the outlander's on the cover?
They're built by the same people. What do you think.

Quality control has always been canam's biggest problem imho.

Their biggest customer blunder is hiding their head in the sand when there is a significant problem. "Really! This is the first we've heard of this!". They should record that reply to all phone calls.

Still luv my outy. Still contemptuous of canam.

Glad you like your bike, just as I like mine.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Originally posted by: kawiyowee
They're built by the same people. What do you think.

Their biggest customer blunder is hiding their head in the sand when there is a significant problem. "Really! This is the first we've heard of this!". They should record that reply to all phone calls.

Still luv my outy. Still contemptuous of canam.

Glad you like your bike, just as I like mine.
Have you ever rode a DS? Quality was never ever a factor!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Keep up the renegade reports. I was hoping for Fundy to get his performance kit out. Impressive gains from rw. I have the hmf pipe and dalton clutch kit. Beet a stock outty bad in a drag race.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Let's add nox setup and smoke those belts.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Originally posted by: maxxedouty
Let's add nox setup and smoke those belts.
Next week in to the shop for the R.W. stage 3 upgrade.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Originally posted by: Steveo10
Originally posted by: kawiyowee
Have you ever rode a DS? Quality was never ever a factor!
You're right about the DS. Did a search on ds650 problems, didn't find much.

Sure wouldn't have that search problem with the Outys, but even with them, it comes down to two things, frame protection and poor suspension, on all of them.

The quality control probs on Outys are melting plastic, seats, cvt covers (about 1 out of 8), gage probs, some bottom out, most don't, some get water into cvt, most don't, batteries fall out on the trail, camo plastic splits and also chips, the Limited colors are beautiful but the paint flakes off under minor hose pressure, helix problems, etc.

I'm getting a few things that came on your Renegade to help solve a couple of minor problems on mine, will bolt right on. What gets to me is that us outy guys have to dig these things out to know about them, most dealers are like Sergeant Schultz, they know nutting!!

We'll see about your renegade, which is basically the same machine as my outy.

I have had none of the problems listed above on my Outy, except skids and suspension, common to every outy, hope you have the same good luck on yours.

I advise you to get skids, that spar plate skidding over a log is smoke and mirrors, and one of the reasons I'm not fond of canam. I spent $400 + my labor there, and am spending $500 + my labor on suspension right now because of my bigass 8" of ground clearance, which is another reason I'm not fond of canam, not after spending $10,000 at the dealer already. Hope to raise the GC to somewhere around what canam advertises, 12".

I also put the Precision Racing Product steering stabilizer on my outy, will work on your renegade too, night and day difference on rough trails.

Quick Reply: RENEGADE