CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RENEGADE

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RENEGADE

RENEGADE

Ok... Tel me all good and all bad. 9300 dollars is alot of money, not including the skid plates im going to put on it if i get it. I am wondering if this thing really is the ULTIMATE?!?! What makes this machine so much better and what makes it worse also would all you say that it is worth the money, and if i wait around 6-7months could i quite possibly find one in the 7000 price range?... A comment back would be appreciated....thankyou

Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

The renegade is much better handling and braking than the outty. like i said before it dosent seem like your riding a 600lb machine,much improved over the outty,keep in mind they are a different machine to a degree.Now the ultimate is suppose to come out in june 07, dont hold your breath, but that would be the 450 quad racer.i had 1700 mi on my outty and never had a mechanical problem.All of my riding is sand dunes and trails.I have about 6 hrs on the rene and i'm glad i went with it.I will be doing the R. Woods upgrade soon as they get the exhaust finished.I have 10 paddle haulers and its a climbing machine.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Maxx pretty well hit the nail rite on the head... Its has some raw power and great handling. Go out and ride 1 and you will see what the big hype is all about

Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE

thanx guys but wut do u think the price will be here in a few months?..... Do u have a hunch that i could get a used one for quite a bit cheeper or wut do you guys think?

Old 02-20-2007, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default RENEGADE

I just got mine last weekend. The only problem I have found so far is that it doesn't have skid plates and the rims look great but are way to soft. I bent my rear rim this weekend and it stranded me on the trail. Not sure if I will just add tubes or have to look into better rims. I ride a lot of trails with big rocks and can't afford to just sit in the truck all day when my buddies are out playing. The power is awesome. I really didn't beleave it would make me not miss my scrambler. Where I really notice the power is in the mid range. You can just punch it around a corner or when you want to pass and it responds. I really don't think you will see this thing come down much this year. Most dealers around here say they have all sold what they have been promised already. This thing has to much hype to go down in the near future. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default RENEGADE

What is this R. Woods upgrade I keep hearing about? Where do you guys recomend me purchasing a skid plate from? Does it add a lot of weight? The accessories are obviously very limited right now.. Does anyone know of more goodies to buy for this machine currently?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Range Rover
Default RENEGADE

I have so far been pleased with mine it now has 10 hours on it taking it in for service before my ride this weekend. With skidplates I don't think I would have any gripes without them the rear brake seems to ice up in deep snow, but either way it's a serious upgrade from an eiger. The skid plates are aluminum so I wouldn't think they would add that much weight but I know you can get the ricochet skids from Richochet Skids (choose your model)

Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE

Hey Kolbrider, the only way you are going to find one for $6 -$7 K is used. I am a dealer and I still don't have one yet. I am hoping to get two, but probably will only get one. After riding DS-650s since 2001, I want one of these for myself for our upcoming GILA MONSTER ATV JAMBOREE March 22-25 near Silver City, New Mexico.
IF this quad weren't so popular, and dealers were having a hard time getting rid of it, then you might get one for $8 K. There simply isn't that much mark up, and dealers can't sell quads for less than they pay for them or they are out of business pretty quick.
Dealers will sell quads at near cost when they need to get rid of them and get them off their "floorplan", which means they are being charged interest on the quad like they were making payments. Too many quads past free flooring means big money going out the door.
So if you want a deal, find a quad, or motorcycle, that's been sitting around the dealer for 6 months or more. There's your bargain. But don't expect that kind of deal on fresh machinery. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE

Does this thing have the same motor and drive train as the outlander?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE

How does this thing do mudding? can it grunt tough like it is fast?

Quick Reply: RENEGADE