CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

my ds saved me today

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my ds saved me today

i went to the el mirage today with some friends to go trailridding and mess around . so anyways while we were trail rideing we lost my cousin and his 16 year old friend the friend was on a 87 honda 250 automatic three wheeler and my cousin was on a 2003 kawi 250 2 stroke. anyways we got back to camp and nobody had heard from them so 30 minutes pass and i went out to look for them no luck another 30 minutes pass i see my uncle hauling a$$ on his kawi 2 stroke dirt bike he gets to camp drops the bike and hops in his truck and is going back in the direction he was coming i give chase after him in my ds and my neighbor fallows me in his honda 450r so me my neighbor and my uncle are hauling a$$ down the lake bed its about 9 mile long we get there in about 4 minutes i must have been going atleast 75mph beacuse my uncle was doing about 65mph and flew right past i have the 450 on my *** and before getting to my cousins friend at the end of the lake bed there are a bunch of bushes i didnt have time to stop so i just gave it full throttle and jumped it at around 60mph and landed it nicely. i get to the ambulance where there holding the kid and hes gettign ready to get airlifted to the hospital broken coller bone and a sprained neck. so i get there and i see no 450r my uncle pulls up in the truck and tells me to go back quick i jump on my bike go back and the 450 also tried to jump the bush but didnt make flipped the 450 and it landed on its wheels and kept going with out the rider while im going back to see my neighbor i see the 450 ridding back with no rider it stalls and just stops. so i get to my neighbor i see him on his back he was uncousious for about 1 minute till his dad got there and he is complaining of neck pain but he can move all his arms and legs so hes alright but the ambulance is done with the other kid and drives back to my neighbor about 200 feet lol put the neck brace on him and hook up the iv and drive back to the hospital so there was 2 accidents in less than 5 minutes everybodys ok couple broken bones but nothing serious lol. but brp can am bombardier what ever you want to call it made on hell of a bike to take that jump and all the abuse i gave it today cant wait till the next one lol.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Crazy man.My cousin rolled a 450 foreman in the dunes far away and broke his collar bone.And was strong enough too drive 4miles back to our station.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, BRP did make hell of a bike. Never have to question the reliablility factor. I hope every1 has a speedy recovery!

I can kinda relate 2 your story. In Sept i hit a tree stump goin down a hill doin about 45MPH... the bike did a flip in the air and slammed into into the trees. Just some cracked plastic at the front and a bent A-arm all to show. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

my neighbor with the 450r is always bragging that he has a better faster bike but i guess i proved him wrong today once he gets out the hospital im going to rub it in his face lol.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Hey puga, just curious, if the 450R and the DS were reaching 85mph, what kind of pick-ups were you hauling them in the back of? LOL

Old 02-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Old 02-25-2007, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

i was kinda of exagerating the top speed i was going it must mave anywhere from 70-80 beacuse it was almost at the limiter when i hit the bush lol it just cut a big whole thru that bush kinda of funny.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Hey, low 80s are deff possible....ive reached 83.8 mph with a stock motor only using 22 inch tires and a 16 tooth front sprocket...although it did take a year to get there. Yep the ds is amazing for that kind of stuff. I remember one winter i was almost tapped out across this guys field and there is about a 9-10 foot high bank that leads onto the road....well it was dark out and i forgot about it....... i hit it going about 50mph after i slowed down a bit......i then flew over this drop off, smoked the road, slid and bounced and hit the otherside of the road, then managed to get out of the snow bank and back onto the road lol...ds was perfect not one thing broke or bent on it and nothing happend to me either. Cant imagine if i did that with another machine....ouch.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

i just finished talking to my neighbor seems the bike didnt flip it just bottomed out when it hit the bush and threw him off good thing i have 12 inch of suspension travel hehe.

anybody in the so cal area interested in helping me tune this pig theres a free case of beer in it for your choice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

i used to have a 300 ex before i gotthe DS

there have been times where I have come up to a dropoff, or a kiddie track @ the dunes, hauling azz, and I thought, "Imma beef it bad here". A little jump, and continue

the DS's are the shizzle

Quick Reply: my ds saved me today