CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

totally off subject cell phone story

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default totally off subject cell phone story

this is kind of a funny true story if you have the patients to read all the way through it. LOL . my wifes cell phone is almost 2 years old and the battery would only hold a charge for about 5 minutes call time even after it was just charged. we took it to the verizon phone store and they sent us to the back to the technical department. after waiting in line for about 10 minuted we got to the counter and the "tech " guy asked what the problem was. I explained that the battery seemed to be going bad and before he even took the phone out of my hand he interupted me and said you have been overcharging it and you need a new battery. I explained that when our phone charges the screen on the front says "charging" and the little battery meter on the phone shows that its being charged and once its fully charged it says "fully charged" and the battery meter stops showing that the phone is being charged . how could we be overcharging it? he looked at me like I was stupid and chuckled and said," just because the phone says fully charged that doesnt mean it isn't charging anymore"..... he went on to explain that the battery is charged the whole time its plugged into the charger. I explained that we were unaware of this and wanted to know what they could do to help. he said we can sell you a new battery for $48+tax. I went on to explain that we had been verizon customers for almost 10 years and our current 2 year contract was over in about 30 days and at that time we would be eligible for 2 new free phones . I asked if it would be possible for us to some how pro rate her phone and pay a little extra and just get my wifes new phone a month early rather tham pay $50 for a battery that we were only going to use for around a month? he chuckled again and said ,"no way, your contract is for 2 full years "and went and got us a new battery off the accessories wall and said," how would you like to pay for this? " I was getting pissed at this point and said," you can keep your battery , I am going to see if I can find a cheaper one elsewhere ". he again chuckled and said," GOOD LUCK!". my wife and I walked out of the store kind of pissed of at the cocky tech guy and decided we would go look on ebay and see if we could find a less expensive battery for her phone that way. as soon as I arrived home I typed the model number of her phone into ebay followed by the word battery and I found over 1000 of them!! they were all new and the same exact model as the one in her phone and what amazed me is most of them had a buy it now of less than one dollar! we bought one using buy it now for 49 cents! and gladly paid $4 shipping and had it in 2 days! another funny thing , we found a box of 120 new batteries to fit her phone for $30! LOL. anyway the battery showed up today and we popped it in her phone and it works great! now here is were it gets funny. being the **** bastard that you all know I am, I printed the ebay ad for the battery I bought and grabbed her phone and headed down to the verizon store and guess who was behind the tech counter?? sure enough it was chuckles. ... I gladly waited through the line with a smile on my face and when it was my turn at the counter I asked," do you rember me??" he said ,"no, should I " with kind of a confused look on his face. I loudly explained to him and all the 15 or so people in line behind me that I had been in the store a few days earlier and was having problems with my wifes phone battery and that even though we were 10 year customers and our contract was up in a few weeks when we would get new phones free anyway, that this tech wouldnt help us in any way and actually got cocky with us and laughed at our problem like we were stupid or something!! I went on to say that when I left the store the other day I told chuckles that I was going to see if I could find a cheaper battery than his $50 model and he laughed and said,"GOOD LUCK!!" by this time 2 other sales people from the front of the store had walked back and were listening along with the stores manager...I explained again loudly that because of the techs bad attitude and because he wasnt willing to give us any sort of help that I had infact looked around found a cheaper exact duplicate battery for my wifes phone and infact it was less than $5 delivered!! the first lady in line said that she was there for the exact same problem and I showed her the ebay ad . she handed the ad back to me and glared at the tech guy and thanked me and walked out of the store. another couple laughed and shook their heads and turned and left too. the manager walked up to me and started appologizing for the techs attitude and promised that it would never happen again. I handed him the ebay ad and explained that no it wouldnt because we did some shopping around and found that we could get a way better deal with roll over minutes from another cell company and as soon as our contract is up we will be switching. the tech didnt say another word. when I walked out and got in the truck I was grinning from ear to ear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

It is always good to stick it to people who think they are the best and only game in town. Bull I would do the same thing.

Good job. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

HAHA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

supersonic that is a good funny story. that great you went back and made fun of chuckles and let the amnager see how is treating people.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
now here is were it gets funny. being the **** bastard that you all know I am, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] . . . Really, I've never noticed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Cool thing about getting older is you know your faults, you can laugh at them. . . . and you really don't give a Chit! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I thought for sure you would have found out Chuckles was steeling them and selling them for $1 and you were going back to tell the Mgr.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

who is getting older???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Uh. . . not me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

The best part of the story is you got a better deal. BTW, this always happens if you don't just go along, getalong. Happens every time. Then they're calling you saying we made a mistake, here's the deal you should be getting......

Of course the topper would be if you saw the guy somewhere and kicked his *** in front of his girlfriend and his best bud.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider

Before you switch talk to other cingular users.You may find that the dropped call
due to no signal not worth the switch.I have verizon and my wife has cingular
(because she didnt like the phones)and she has so many lost calls its unreal

Great story though i love seeing those cocky bastiges take it once in awile.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, man you're right, man. That was off topic, man. Didn't have a dam thing to do with Can-Am machines, man. Hey, man it like didn't even have anything to do with like a big bad DS machine, either man. Too bad not many people are interested in your cell phone troubles, man. Try the Honda forum, man. Those guys might listen, man.

Quick Reply: totally off subject cell phone story