CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS fan wiring --05

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS fan wiring --05

Hey all!
Quick question...

I want to tie a LED light into the fan circuit so that riders know when the fan is running. Does anyone know what wire I should tie into that's hot when the fan runs. Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Old 03-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

You can goto the BRP web site click on parts and accesories then click on parts then vist site now. Pick your model and it will list all diagrams etc. It will show you a diagram for all wiring........

m.y.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

you can also look at bikebandit.com, they have a list of OEM parts and might show a wiring list somewhere in their DS section

Old 03-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

yeah i see these diagrams but nothing tells me which wire is hot when the fan is running.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah..... I know what you mean ..........i couldn't really find the exact wires by the diagram either...........
so i just wired up my winch to the battery and the dc outlet.............

m.y.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I started tracking the wires and still not having a lot of luck. I don't know which wire is hot when the fan kicks on. It could be a red wire or a blue. I tried running direct current into the fan plug from the battery but nothing...any ideas???

Old 03-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I had this same thing on mine, your fan is bad, if it will not turn on with direst batt power then you need a new one. You can get em at a good price on ebay or get em from the dealer.

Seth

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

First did you try runnig a hot and ground from the batt. If the fan fails to come on as seth said it is bad.Then after replacing fan jump your temp switch then with a continuity tester test for your hot wire.thats where you want the led.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If you still need help let me know tomorrow i will test one of my 05's and tell you the correct wire.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the wires for the fan are not under the dash, they are contained in the harness under the tank. you can test fan integrity easy by pulling off the two wires that are hooked to the fan switch on the back of the thermostat housing - just connect these two wires with a spade jumper or paper clip and see if fan comes on (be sure key is on too).

to tie a light into the fan wires to indicate when fan is running, easiest thing would be to remove the tank, grab the fan wires coming out of the fan, and trace them back to the plug in connector that is normally zip tied to the left side of the frame tubing that the tank sits on. tap in to the positive fan wire here, and tap into ground under the dash.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks all! Interesting. I hope the fan's OK...at least it worked before I took everything apart. The fan has always worked...never had a problem with it coming on. I'm adding a light just to make sure I know when it's running.

I've pulled the tank and have everything open to see. There are two wires coming off the fan which are blue and black. As hightower mentioned they run to a plug on the left side of the frame. The wires from the plug that go into the wiring nightmare of a harness are red and black. The black wires align on each side of the plug so my assumption is that these are ground and the blue and red are the hot wires and I should tie into one of those.

Another question...There are two things on the right side of the motor that have wires coming out of it. Which "thing" is the fan sensor. There one at 9 o'clock and one at 12 o'clock. This would be the thing located toward the top of the cylinder and has a radiator hose going to it.

Quick Reply: DS fan wiring --05