CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WEST COAST DS DAYS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEST COAST DS DAYS!

Killpecker

Here is more info on Killpecker. Hope it helps.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Wonder where they get some of these names?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Range Rover

killpecker sounds the same way it got its name. a long time ago a group of young riders was enjoying themselves on vacation there . the riding was so rough that unfortunately is couse some problems with 6 of the 9 guys riding. it was so rough that the 6 guys still have problems with there lower regions, therefore thats how it got its name.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Scott, thanks for clearing that up for us.

Thanks for that moment of history. Babhahahahahahahahah, ROFLOL, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, checked out this killpecker pics . its looks like all the dunes are little flat stuff like the dunes you speed through without noticing to get out to the big ones at glamis..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm sure it would do if thats all you had. you know, if that was the only place you had ever ridden sand and you went to sand mountain NV for the first time and ran up that kind of a giant hill I bet it would be quite a thrill.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dznutz
killpecker sounds the same way it got its name. a long time ago a group of young riders was enjoying themselves on vacation there . the riding was so rough that unfortunately is couse some problems with 6 of the 9 guys riding. it was so rough that the 6 guys still have problems with there lower regions, therefore thats how it got its name.
Yeah, I googled it and found this same story. Strange way to name a place.......

Why Killpecker? Why not Squashball Dunes or Groinwreck Dunes or Sixeunics Dunes?

Old 04-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

"Sixeunics Dunes?"

Oh Zhiat, that is funny stuff Ron. Cheers to that one.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok I tried to post the pics here but they are too big so i am posting a link to my other forum
http://www.dunereview.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
Here is a link to some KP pics
http://www.dunereview.com/forums/ind...showtopic=4616

There is not a single large hill but it isn?t flat either. The largest hills are drag hill, pond and mammoth. they are all around 300 ft mammoth has no run and drag and pond are razor backs lots of opps for huge air... 30,000 acres at an altitude of 7300 ft .the KP dunes is the largest string of moving dunes in North America

Old 04-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok I just sounded like a tour Gide sorry lol most pics you see are taken from the parking lot and don?t do it any justice plus there are several other isolated patches that most others never see some huge hills too but it is very hard to get a large group to. You need to carry extra fuel and leave early to see the better parts

Old 04-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

so you are saying that KP is larger than Glamis?

Quick Reply: WEST COAST DS DAYS!