CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

new kawi 450

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new kawi 450

Just saw one at the dealer last weekend, they look awesome. Reverse switch located on handlebars just above the throttle. It was right next to a yam 450 and it has about the same stance to it. I think the DS is gong to disappear from the garage for a rhino and a 450 will be coming soon also if the reviews are good. I think I am going to miss the 5inches of seat foam on the DS the most. The 450 feels about like riding on a board.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Range Rover
Default new kawi 450

Not the seat cushion as the DS b/c the Kaw is made for racing. That is one sweet looking machine. BRP needs to make on like this and the Yam.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default new kawi 450

Yeah I mainly ride woods and riverbeds. The DS is great for the yearly dune trip, but on a day to day basis tight trails and many dead ends really suck getting off the quad and turning it around by hand. Although the DS does have the power to pop up and run over many 2-3 inch soft trees. I have taken out many of them, nice feature of factory skid plates. Plus beinig only 200 lbs I use the DSs power to turn and manuver rather than my own. It will be nice to have a quad with the power plus I can actually throw it around too. Can't complain the DS has been a great quad for the past 3 years. No major problems at all. Only problem I have ever had was the oil light ghost. The 900 dollar 3 yr extended warranty was never used. I need a rhino for farm use, and then I think I will be shopping for a kawi 450 soon after. I know the rhino is not going to be any fun when going from a DS. It will mainly be used for work and thats not fun. ITS WORK.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default new kawi 450

Well I can tell ya the 450's are bada$$ machines and pretty darn fast and easy to fling around...The only thing I miss compared to my ds is the long travle and the extra width that my ds has compared to the 450r, but it is a good decision to go with the 450's.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Range Rover
Default new kawi 450

Originally posted by: rldbobcat
Yeah I mainly ride woods and riverbeds. The DS is great for the yearly dune trip, but on a day to day basis tight trails and many dead ends really suck getting off the quad and turning it around by hand. Although the DS does have the power to pop up and run over many 2-3 inch soft trees. I have taken out many of them, nice feature of factory skid plates. Plus beinig only 200 lbs I use the DSs power to turn and manuver rather than my own. It will be nice to have a quad with the power plus I can actually throw it around too. Can't complain the DS has been a great quad for the past 3 years. No major problems at all. Only problem I have ever had was the oil light ghost. The 900 dollar 3 yr extended warranty was never used. I need a rhino for farm use, and then I think I will be shopping for a kawi 450 soon after. I know the rhino is not going to be any fun when going from a DS. It will mainly be used for work and thats not fun. ITS WORK.

check out the acrtic cat prowler. i have one and it has been flawless.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default new kawi 450

I do like the prowlers but I am looking to find a used low mile machine and there are not many around.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default new kawi 450

That Kawi looks sweet... it's a toss up of that and the Honda for 08 for me... time to sink into a 450....I wonder if it will be rev-happy or have some torque.

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default new kawi 450

Originally posted by: smoothguy
Originally posted by: rldbobcat

check out the acrtic cat prowler. i have one and it has been flawless.

Everything I've ever heard about the Arctic Cat Prowlers have been bad. They seem to have some issues to be such a new machine. Give em time and Im sure they will be ok.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default new kawi 450

I think Can-Am will shock the competition with its latest developement. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default new kawi 450

That's IF they are indeed developing something. Can-Am/Bombardier has been on the sidelines a bit too long, I can't see them investing something to dent the anchor companies like Yamaha and Honda. I hope for thier recreation division they do come out with something stellar, one can only hope.

Anyone know if that rumor is true...?? I hear a 4 Stroke twin cylinder Banshee is in the works around 500cc.

Quick Reply: new kawi 450