CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I HPR still open?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HPR still open?

Originally posted by: Scatterbrain
About 3 months here. Im still being patient. Frustrating as it may be. I dont think for a second I will get burned on the money and I do believe I will receive what Ive paid for. It does suck that the bike has been down since NOV and all my buddies are out tearing it up. With the exception of Jeff Ross (thanks by the way for taking my call) its been pretty much the same, Brent is right that they are small companies and its hard for them to keep up, If you want great parts that perform well, I guess thats the price you have to pay.

I have spent hours upon hours just trying to get a bucket replaced stemming from a repair not done correctly by KMS. NO reaching him either. Due to dealer restritions you cant get it directly from Kibblewhite, KMS got it from K&L Supply which wont sell direct either. The yamaha dealer here is a dealer for K&L, K&L says there back ordered 3 to 4 weeks, I called Kibblewhite and they said they have them on the shelf. Round and round we go. Called TVI gary said he could get it. NO call back there. FInally gave up and decided to just wait on HPR they had one laying around. (that was quite awhile ago). All I want is for it to run, just put the 109's back in and run it until the new cams show up, I know they will but when. I gave Jeff Ross a call yesterday he said he could maybe get it done. Keeping my fingures crossed.

Dont get me wrong, Im not p!ssed about it. Im very happy with how this bike has progressed. Im happy with the parts and the service that I have received at the START of this build. It seems like most of the builders have given up on the DS this last year. So what do the die hards do now?

Sorry venting I guess. Anyone got one of those buckets laying around, Kicking azz on a 450 would make me feel alot better!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

First Guy's i know there are quite a few diaper wearing thumb sucking newbies here who don't understand what the forums are for.......These forums were created for you to bring your love fustrations and problems to a like minded group of guy's that share your love for the forum specific topic.Which is the bomb in our case to many people are scared to say what they feel due to brand loyalty but thats not good for any of us.If this problem would have been posted i would have said call kenz talk to Mark Hargrove if kibble has it he will get it.don't get me wrong everyone who knows me knows i love Jeff and Donita and Gary is a close friend but if i have kibble problems ill bet mark will be my solution. The info is what i seek maybe im just special

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Richard, your just special.....very special.

I need to get out there and see you and your family.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
Originally posted by: Scatterbrain
About 3 months here. Im still being patient. Frustrating as it may be. I dont think for a second I will get burned on the money and I do believe I will receive what Ive paid for. It does suck that the bike has been down since NOV and all my buddies are out tearing it up. With the exception of Jeff Ross (thanks by the way for taking my call) its been pretty much the same, Brent is right that they are small companies and its hard for them to keep up, If you want great parts that perform well, I guess thats the price you have to pay.

I have spent hours upon hours just trying to get a bucket replaced stemming from a repair not done correctly by KMS. NO reaching him either. Due to dealer restritions you cant get it directly from Kibblewhite, KMS got it from K&L Supply which wont sell direct either. The yamaha dealer here is a dealer for K&L, K&L says there back ordered 3 to 4 weeks, I called Kibblewhite and they said they have them on the shelf. Round and round we go. Called TVI gary said he could get it. NO call back there. FInally gave up and decided to just wait on HPR they had one laying around. (that was quite awhile ago). All I want is for it to run, just put the 109's back in and run it until the new cams show up, I know they will but when. I gave Jeff Ross a call yesterday he said he could maybe get it done. Keeping my fingures crossed.

Dont get me wrong, Im not p!ssed about it. Im very happy with how this bike has progressed. Im happy with the parts and the service that I have received at the START of this build. It seems like most of the builders have given up on the DS this last year. So what do the die hards do now?

Sorry venting I guess. Anyone got one of those buckets laying around, Kicking azz on a 450 would make me feel alot better!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

First Guy's i know there are quite a few diaper wearing thumb sucking newbies here who don't understand what the forums are for.......These forums were created for you to bring your love fustrations and problems to a like minded group of guy's that share your love for the forum specific topic.Which is the bomb in our case to many people are scared to say what they feel due to brand loyalty but thats not good for any of us.If this problem would have been posted i would have said call kenz talk to Mark Hargrove if kibble has it he will get it.don't get me wrong everyone who knows me knows i love Jeff and Donita and Gary is a close friend but if i have kibble problems ill bet mark will be my solution. The info is what i seek maybe im just special

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

AZ I did post this problem and got zero responce. Try this

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...d1=valve%20cap

Sorry dont know how to post the link.

As far as brand loyalty my bike was built by HPR, KMS, ODP, Tuned by TVI, And far too many others I can remember. Im really not one anymore to start blasting away at the folks that I remember helping for countless hours building this bike. I consider them my friends even though sometimes I feel like Im getting screwed. Its called faith my friend. If it makes you feel better, I am really p!ssed about the current situation but its not going to do me a bit of good to get on here and hammer away at them. Theres three sides to every story, your side, my side and the truth. When it comes to HPR I dont know the truth. I certainly agree that the way they are running is not very good for business but I try keep in mind that they have been good to me in the past and that they will make good on it now. It might take awhile. KMS well thats a whole different story and Im going to just leave that one alone.

LOL! 2 1/2 years and nearly a 1000 posts still makes me a newbie?

Thanks for the heads up on Kenz I'll give them a shout, I found them for 200.00 for a set of four. Sucks, I only need one.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Keith,

I think I would still buy the whole spring kit. Replace the buckets but use your current springs. You will have a set of brand new springs sitting on the shelf for when they need to be replaced.

You don't end up throwing money away this way....

Ron

Old 03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Keith,

I think I would still buy the whole spring kit. Replace the buckets but use your current springs. You will have a set of brand new springs sitting on the shelf for when they need to be replaced.

You don't end up throwing money away this way....

Ron

I was just thinking that. Anyone know the best place to get a full kit decent price?

Hey look 1000 posts. What a ride its been LOL!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

First i do apoligize i never seen that post and aparently no one else did either????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] And Yes 1000 post "newbie"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And my main concern is ive heard a few more stories like this threw pm and emails This is what the forums are for. And 200 bucks to put one of my ds's back on line NO MORAL QUESTION THERE........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] LOL IM RIDING[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I might be wrong? I've been waiting a month for a throttle cable and jets. I'm trying not to be impatient, but with no communication it makes it hard. It's not like these are custom parts?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: worker10
I might be wrong? I've been waiting a month for a throttle cable and jets. I'm trying not to be impatient, but with no communication it makes it hard. It's not like these are custom parts?
Worker your a newbie, welcome to the connection, sorry about that wait, what kind of jets are you waiting for and cable?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm waiting on a #40, and a # 60 powerjet for the lectron carb, and a throttle cable to go with the moose thumb throttle to the carb (46hv). These parts were paid for a month ago. I've had nothing but good transactions with hpr in the past?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well if the problem persist and you did pay with a credit card you can alway's cancel the sale and order the power jets from fastbygast and the throttle cable from terry cable its the same for any lectron 46 with a moose thumb throttle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] KMS should have two setting around they snaked me out of 2 lectron setups with moose billet thumb throttles.Both in natural finish.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I HPR still open?