CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

PLEASE HELP,04 BAJA X WATER GOING TO CATCH CAN &WON;T RETURN

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP,04 BAJA X WATER GOING TO CATCH CAN &WON;T RETURN

now that sounds like a good plan to me. will let you know how it turns out.may need more than a 12 pack though at the rate it 's going now. but i believe i can handle it.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

it has never taken me more than a few minutes to purge all air from system - I mean yes definitely give it another shot as advised by everybody, but if you have constant air bubbling out that never stops then it is most certainly combustion pressure being pushing into the coolant system thru a blown headgasket. I know it sucks, it is very unfortunate if this is the case and not something that is common at all on a stock motor. But **** does happen sometimes, and it always sucks.

But on the bright side, high compression pistons cost the same amount of money as stock pistons do, so it is an opportunity to upgrade power for free. If you go down the road of a top end rebuild, do enough research to be certain it is doen exactly right the first time - its too much money to half-**** it, and when done right a high compression motor is every bit as reliable as a stock motor with do downside at all in exchange for the extra low end power and easier wheelie popping.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

YEA I'M AFRAID THAT IT'S A HEAD GASKET ALSO. YES IT SUCKS, BUT IT;S ABOUT THE LUCK I HAVE IT SEEMS. OH WELL, WITH A HIGH COMPRESSION PISTON CAN YOU STILL RUN 93 OCTANE FUEL? ALSO DO YOU HAVE TO BORE THE CYLINDER OR JUST GET SAME SIZE HI COMP.PISTON.ALSO I HAVE TORE DOWN MY CR500 BEFORE AND IT WAS PRETTY SIMPLE, IS THIS A MUCH HARDER JOB ON THE DS, IF SO HOW MUCH YOU THINK A BOMB. DEALER WOULD CHARGE TO DO A HEAD GASKET JOB. THANKS

Old 03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the bore is nikasil coated - if a bore is necesary (only if damaged) then it costs a lot more than the typical cast cylinder.
but in your case, all that is required is a spiral honing of the bore to create a cross-hatch for proper piston ring break-in. do not skip this step.

you can run 92-93 octane with up to 11.5:1 compression. step up to 12:1 and you will no longer be able to run pump fuel.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

WELL I HAVE ORDERED A JE 11.5 TO 1 PISTON. AND COMETIC TOP END GASKET KIT. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL FIX MY PROBLEMS. THANKS FOR ADVICE.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

im having the same problem with my 06 except my radiator steams around the top then bows out half the radiator while idleing or riding doesnt
matter. and talked to tvi today, gary also said blown head gasket.........i just dont want to believe it!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

YOUR CAPS LOCK IS ON. PLEASE TURN IT DOWN IT'S HURTING MY EARS.

Thank you.

Try this. Drain the cooling system and refill it with white vinegar. Let it run long enough to circulate throughout the system (a few minutes after the fan kicks on). Drain the system. Repeat with fresh water only, four or five times to ensure a complete flush of the vinegar. Refill with new coolant and this MAY solve your problem. Any scaling or build up in the cooling system can wreak havoc. The vinegar is a corrosive and will clean the system better than most of the much more expensive products available, but you must make sure to get it all out.

I had an overheating problem after two years on the coolant that came in the bike from the dealer. Did the above process and haven't had a problem since. Good Luck.