CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Unbiased opinion on the best 450?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbiased opinion on the best 450?

Originally posted by: crazy1291
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: crazy1291
did you guys read the topic??? it asked for an unbiased opinion, some of these are very biased (unless you were being sarcastic)

I know you're the one who wants to get one, but for me, most important things are 1) stability (wideness, i dont care if you say a yfz is very stable, its still only 46inches) and 2) suspension travel

both of these go to the lt-r450, so what if it loses lots of drags against stock 450r's and yfz's, i care more about not rolling and being comfortable going off high/steep jumps,

But are titanium valves REALLY crappier than steel valves???? i doubt it, you guys must have been doing something wrong

and for maintainance, if they use the same engines (except for gearing, cams, etc.) i would treat it the exact same way i would treat a 450 dirt bike.

But i will probably never get one of those 450's, i want to wait for the can-am 450 to come out, and since it will be a twin, it will have more room to fit this engine into it -------------http://www.apriliausa.com/modelli/road/modello_txt.asp?id=107------------

hopefully it will be just as wide a a DS650 and have just as much suspension travel (12"front, 11"rear)
This is the most biased post yet! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol

By the way, if you want an unbiased opinion........1) Don't say you want an unbiased opinion, 2) Don't ask for an opinion on the internet.

The forums would cease to exist without healthy bias.
alright, i'll take ur advice next time, but why do you say im biased? its my opinion and im passing it off as my opinion, not as a fact. Some people say that 450r's are the best because they havent raced against a yfz or lt-r or a raptor, and vice versa. thats biased.

These topics are turning kind of boring now, the 450's are so similar now im dimensions and power, the only things that stand out are the SOHC on the 450r, the 5 valves on the yfz, the reverse on the kfxr, and the illegalness on trails for the lt-r

other than that, they are very similar. and you cant really get exactly what you want, unless you've had a few hours for each type of riding for each machine.

But why exactly are steel valves better than titanium valves? cuz titanium is lighter and stronger. or is it worse because it doesnt flex as much as steel??? i really dont know, i heard that steel valves do wear out faster than titanium ones. but do titanium valves require more frequent adjustment?

I wasen't advising you , Crazy. I was advising the thread originator that it is meaningless to ask for unbiased opinions on the internet.

I did say your post was biased because you promoted the LTR as the only option. I just found it funny that you were getting on some for being biased then you promoted the LTR right afterwards.

No biggie..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].....and no offense intended.

I think the LTR has potential and it does have the best center of gravity but why is it so heavy? The lack of torque in all of the 450 class is much more evident on the heavier bike and with any of them it doesn't take much weight reduction to make a big difference in performance.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

ya but i was just saying it would be best for me.... probly not for others, but i've hurt myself pretty bad on my quad because of instability and lack of good suspension, now the dentist bills keep piling up

Old 03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

I know someone who had the ltr 450,He got rid of it and got the 07 raptor. Says he like the raptor much better for his type of riding.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

UNBIASED OPINION-- the 450r could be better than the yfz450 but is maybe equal to the LTR. The yfzcould be better than the ltr but maybe equal to the r. On full moon nights yfzs are better than ltrs and rs but on new moons the r is better. Better just ride all of them and choose which is more suited for you. For my 2bits its definately the 700r, I dont really care for the 450 quads that much as far as power and torque with minor mods. The 700 kills all of them with your basic pipe intake jets or PC, but lacks a serious suspension setup which is better on the 450 quads. Buy a raptor upgrade the shocks and youll be amazed at what this quad can do.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

I appreciate the anwers, but wonder what good it does to Question the Question? Seems the bomb forum would be the best place to get unbiased reply's. I didn't expect them to all be unbiased but was hoping for a couple to be and they were. I have a couple buddies with yfz's and R's and can give very unbiased info on them. I know nothing about the LTR and kawi. Glad to get the info.

Thanks for the call Duneme. I will get back to you.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

We went to winchester sunday eve and rode till dark. We meet some riders who wanted to ride my renegade. I let them take a spin and they was impressed with how smooth and the way it handled.One of the riders had a new 450r kawi, said he had been doing some racing and was doing pretty good. I asked if he would like to run against my big heavy renegade and he was delighted. Needless to say i blew his doors of from the lauch and pulled away till we let off.I am not saying the big renegade is fast, but it can hold up good against some sport quads.My banshee will blow the doors off the renegade. Just a little prospective.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

if i was gonna run in the dunes only and was gonna get a quad i`d go with the ds650x.it has by far the plushest ride,most suspention travel,great top speed and is built to last.i would have gotten one but living and riding where i do i need reverse.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pabst660r
if i was gonna run in the dunes only and was gonna get a quad i`d go with the ds650x.it has by far the plushest ride,most suspention travel,great top speed and is built to last.
...and that, ladies and gentlemen, should be the last word.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Wait till they get the DS 450.Next quad out, maybe...

Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yea we could be waiting a few more years to even see it, but should be cool.

Quick Reply: Unbiased opinion on the best 450?