CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What Ever Happen to Just Having Fun Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Ever Happen to Just Having Fun Riding?

Fun is the only reason I ride. I could care less who is faster then me or slower then me. There are much bigger problems in the world. As long as my bike runs how I want it to run then I dont care how it stacks up to other bikes. Competative racing is too much for me anymore. I had enough of that when I drag raced cars. Way to much hassle to worry about that. Now I just go out and have fun with friends and family. Some of the best times I have had riding is on my 4x4 with my family, riding the creeks and washouts. Don't get me wrong I love to drag race, I have been doing it since I could reach the peddles or pegs. Heck I used to drag race my RC cars when I was a kid. At one time I wanted to be the fastest, then I realized that I dont make enough money to be the fastest no matter what motorsport it is.....

Old 04-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

I have fun riding...when my "dinosaur" is running! And I just ride by myself most of the time! Not real safe, but i don't have a lot of opions...I don't get to go off riding with buddies all the time! So, that being said yeah you all should definitly appriciate the time you get to spend with each other on the dunes, in the woods, or wherever the hell ya are! At least you aren't stuck riding in your yard on the weekends when you could be trying to be the second, or maybe 3rd by now, local person to ever climb "the wall" (big a$$ hillclimb here) while your buddies tell you what an idiot you are for even thinking about it. I still enjoy riding even here at the house by myself!

I am pretty new to the forum, but I LOVE IT! When I get home from work...whenever that might be I go straight to the comp. and log on to see what I can learn. I even make it a point to get up a little earlier for work so I can see what I missed after I go to bed, since I am 5 hrs. behind most of you. WOW... that kinda sounds weird...like I am talking to my new lover or something...LOL!LOL!ROTFLMAO! Anyway, I just love the wealth of information on here!
And even though I am new I have already learned the messages not to look at if I don't want drama! Like someone said the other day, If you don't like whats on, change the channel. Or in my case just set the parental control so you can't even open it.
If the post says anything about LIES or What Happened to "such and such", or anything like that...if you don't wanna get pi$$ed off or if your feelings are gonna get hurt...just don't open it...open the one that says "What the *&$# happened to my DS?" insted and help a guy like me out!

Today, I was in the mood for a bit of drama. So I made sure I opened this one.

Keep up the good work people and thank you to all that have helped me in anyway!

Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

if it moves and there's more than one of 'em...race 'em.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Man,
I love to ride. Me and the family ride all over the yard and on the big farm we have. This on the uts with no mods, well hardly any. LOL

Me and my boy even ride on the Outy to mow grass. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

All I do is have fun riding!! Travel the whole country all year long to do it too!!
Of course, the faster I am, the more fun I have!!
But to the guys that are faster than me - I say alright man, you're really having a blast!!!!! And I am happy for them!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2007, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

I personally dont care what brand anyone rides and I think everyone knows how much thought I give to which"builder" is best.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have owned 6 or 7 ds's and have honestly never riden a DS with its factory power plant anywhere but down my street . hope that doesnt allienate me but thats the truth. I own a kawasaki several yamahas a polaris, and a suzuki powered bomb. doesnt matter to me what the next guy is sitting on as long as I dont have to tow it back to camp later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the reason why i got in the sport because it is a blast. I ride as much as i can and don't really care what everyone else is riding, as long as they are getting dirty and wet with me in the mud pit. This sport has really gotten big, I see grandma and grandpa out on the trails plus alot of young kids. it is just nice to see these people sharing the sport with us all.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

I enjoy watching my kids ride more than riding a bike myself.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

In my crew I have the only DS. If I told them I had HPR, Bom, or RW parts they would scratch their head and ask who the f@ck they all were. The bottom line though, is that they really don't care. They just know the big dude on the bike that wasn't made in Japan is hauling major a$$, and keeping up with some trick machines. Half my buddies don't even know what they have done to their own bikes. They drop them off at the local shop with a stack of cash and say make it faster.LOL The point is they don't care... and in the end neither do I. I just want to ride a reliable machine. If that means not having the fastest, then fine... I'll be the one that pulls the tricked out bikes home. In the end I hope everyone is having fun doing whatever it is they do with their machine. If you like hanging out with the family, cool... if you like to just ride, cool... if you like to go fast, cool... and if you like to be a keyboard racer and flame people on an internet forum, also cool. While some of these may not be what I take from the sport I realize its what others enjoy. Who am I to knock that. Do what you want people... there are too many facists (yes facists) who want to tell people what to do with their life. I think that is more of an issue than the builder wars. Everyone is different... in fact I would venture to say that some of us are far different people than we were when we first came to this forum. Life serves it up and we learn from the experiences. Just do what makes it all worth it for you. We all work way too hard to not enjoy the time off with our loved ones.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Fatholly, thats a very good reply.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: What Ever Happen to Just Having Fun Riding?