CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

on-dunes.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default on-dunes.com

hey guys in new here

ive been looking for aftermarket partsfor my 01 ds 650 for a while
i was looking on ondunes performance for a while but have no idea what happened to them
can anyone tell me what happened to them and where else we can get stuff for the ds anyplace like ondunes with the same veriety of parts and quality of parts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2001 ds 650
RON WOODS CDI - (338.00)
RON WOODS FULL RACE EXHAUST - (588.25)
RON WOODS PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD (177.45)
MIKUNI TM45 CARB - (405.00)
K&N AIR FILTER (30.00)
K&N OIL FILTER (11.99)
JE 720BIG BORE KIT 105MM SLEEVE, JE 11:5:1 PISTON, RINGS, CIRCLIP, RISTPIN - (365.00)
WEB CAMSHAFTS 110 GRIND CAMS - (260.00)
WEB CAMSHAFTS RACE VALVE SPRINGS WITH TITANIUM RETAINERS - (147.00)
RISER BAR CLAMP - (CAME WITH THE BIKE)
CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER BLACK POWER COAT - (FREE)
CUSTOM GRAB BAR BLACK POWDER COAT - (FREE)
NERFBARS BLACK POWDER COAT - (FREE)
REMOVED FRONT FENDERS (FREE)
SHAVED REAR FENDERS (FREE)

Old 04-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

Those on-dunes guys would rather drink crown than ship parts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (hic) LOL......... Plenty good vendors out there!!

Old 04-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Default on-dunes.com

yes i really wish the ondunes online store would open back up. it was so nice just clicking what i wanted, typing in my info and getting my parts shipped

Old 04-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

It is true you never realize what you have until its gone. However, I dont miss going to the UPS store every day with 20-30 boxes and rushing back to track the new orders. Point and click huh? If it was only that simple for everyone! LOL

Old 04-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

Originally posted by: Redstone
It is true you never realize what you have until its gone. However, I dont miss going to the UPS store every day with 20-30 boxes and rushing back to track the new orders. Point and click huh? If it was only that simple for everyone! LOL

Ya know I was told that UPS can come to your shipping place and pick up those packages

Old 04-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

ERBEDS650,

Of course you can, but then again, you still have to pick up 10-20 too, and those you simply dont trust to leave on your doorstep. So, if you pick some up, its only logical that you drop some off? Plus, you still have to visit all those guys you do business with to make those parts as well - everyday. And, dont forget that you have to answer the phone the phone time you are doing all that.

But hey, what would I know about such things?????? Maybe im just stoopid???

Old 04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

Sorry didnt know you were doing it out of a home.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

I saw a situation like this in Salem, OR with a different industry. Believe it or not, it was a big mushroom factory. It supplied mushrooms to the entire northwest and employed over 600 people.

Some complained about the factory so the State tightened its grip on the company with requirements and fees and there was all kinds of bad publicity being scooped up by the local media.

Finally the owners of the factory said enough was enough. They laid everyone off and closed the factory and turned it into a big open field. The State lost the revenue, the city lost a large portion of the employees but the few complainers got what they wanted and the factory owners didn't have headaches anymore.

What did the local media do? They slammed the factory owners for laying off all those people and making mushrooms more expensive!

If we had thought a little more about the value of having On-Dunes around rather than only thinking about our little part and the two extra days or weeks it took to get here...............The owners might still be having fun providing parts and developing new ones to.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Sorry didnt know you were doing it out of a home.
Erbeds650,

Its ok really. Its just that everyone and their brother would always give advice on how to run my stuff. I had my way of doing it, and Glenn had his. All I can speak to is how I ran it.

I can say its nice to work in a job, where I get paid twice as much, get full medical, dental and vision for me and the kids, get to tell the customer, "sorry I cant make that happen", and get award after award for excellence! Heck, they even put me on TV! - I go home and my phone never rings! When it does, I dont answer it!

Now when I go to the dunes, I never have to worry about someone coming up to me and asking for freebies, or more advice how to run the biz!

(deep breath)

Again? Maybe in a few years! LOL

Old 04-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default on-dunes.com

There are some things that I would like to add. On the positive side, I can tell you the things I really missed about the business. I loved waking up everyday sitting down in my chair at my home office and contemplating what new things I could create, build, market, and provide to customers. I guess it didn't really matter what it was specifically. I was just realizing that I was making a difference in lowering the price, or filling a specific need, or making it easier for a customer to order, or making his products ship faster. Being a one man show, I rather reveled in doing it better than the other guys, all by myself. I had over 800 parts that I could ship in 3 days or less! Many people would ask me, where is your warehouse? LOL! My home closets and garage! There were also a fair amount of parts on my kitchen table which doubled as packaging department! My garage was my shop with tires, tools and parts everywhere!

It can be done again. I think that whoever does it next should keep one thing in mind, If you simply do it for yourself alone, you will not succeed. If you are doing it to be famous, make tons of money, or for any other reason other than trying to improve the market, you may be disappointed.

It's a really tough job. The toughest for me was realizing how much effort went into doing it better for less, yet how little respect was given back. In the end, some of us just want to serve, all we really wanted is a little respect in return. Perhaps none should have been expected. In the end, the true fact is, they were just quad parts! They really aren't things that change people's lives, only their recreation! In the end I found myself wanting to change things that really mattered.

So, if its something you desire, give Glenn a call and start to make your difference, but don't forget to put on your steel underwear before you sit down at your home office every morning!

Quick Reply: on-dunes.com